The Enemy.

She twirled round an embarrassing blush crawling onto her cheeks as she waited for an answer. Never really used to being dressed up, Hermione didn't know what to think when it came to these things. The twirling stopped when she realised that Ginny wasn't saying anything. That had to be a bad sign, right?

"Well...?" She squeaked, avoiding eye contact with her best friend.

There was silence for many moments. When she finally mustered up to courage to look back at the redhead, she became even more confused. Was that open jaw and wide eyes a good sign?

"Wow..." Was all Ginny could say as she looked up and down, who knew her best friend, Hermione Granger, could look like this?

"Who's the lucky man?" She asked suddenly.

This was always her tactic, if she kept asking, especially when it is least expected, anyone would crack and tell her anything. Not Hermione Granger though, she was the brightest witch of her age. She crossed her arms and pouted playfully, her embarrassment fading away.

She chuckled before ushering the redhead out of the bedroom, telling her that she would meet up with her in the Great Hall. Reluctantly, she did as she was told, knowing that her friend wanted to be the last to arrive, what with all the attention on her lately.

Hermione let out a sigh as the door closed, leaving her alone in the dormitory. All the other girls had gone down early to meet with their dates.

She looked back at the mirror for the last time, smiling gleefully at herself. It was hard to imagine that she would ever look like this, she was used to jeans and frizzy hair, not... This.

***

The chatter coming from the Great Hall could be heard from all over the castle. She went over their plan in her head again. It seemed so simple yet it was actually the complete opposite.

Another raspy sigh left her before she composed herself. One foot Infront of the other, she came out from around the corner, stepping into the Entrance Hall. She heard the talk die down as eyes gases up at her.

She ignored everyone as her feet led her over to her friends. Harry, Ron and Ginny were lost for words. Ginny still couldn't take it in.

"So, where's 'Sleekhair'?" Ron pouted irritability, avoiding eye contact with the brunette, though it pained him to look away.

"You'll know him when we start to dance," she knew everyone was listening so when they realised they still had to wait, they all went back to their conversations.

Harry looked back to where he was looking before Hermione had walked in. Her curious eyes met where his were concentrating on. She completely forgot! Guilt raged through her as she looked from Harry to Cho, and from Harry to Ginny.

She knew that Harry had been rejected by Cho and that Ginny had been asked by Neville. She also knew that Harry may or may not have wanted to go with her. Ever since she had caught him blushing after their hug, she had expected as much.

Ron was also hurt. She knew he had a thing for her, and she had still rejected him. She wouldn't had minded going with either Ron or Harry, they were her best friends.

Finally, there was Victor. She had to admit to herself that if Draco hadn't had asked her, she would have said yes. She did admit that both her and Ginny, as well as many of the girls at school, had giggled at his sight. But, Draco had asked her and she wasn't going to let him down, even if two of the world's most famous wizards asked her.

***

The four Champions walked in with their dates and took their position on the dancefloor. Harry looked so out of place with the others. The music started up and Harry took his partner's waist, starting to dance.