i. LAST FIRST DAY

THE MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 1ST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A CHEERFUL ONE, just as it had been for the past 6 years, but today it wasn't

THE MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 1ST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A CHEERFUL ONE, just as it had been for the past 6 years, but today it wasn't. Auriga Black was full of misery as she trudged out into the living room after dressing herself.

"Do you want some breakfast darling?" Andromeda called out to the teen. She hadn't eaten a full meal for days, only small snacks here and there that were cluttering up her room, bringing the older woman's anxieties to a high.

Auriga simply flickered her brown eyes over to the dining room table and weakly shook her head. The smell of fried eggs and greasy bacon strips were wafting into her nostrils, but then her pitiful thoughts clouded over the warm feelings that came with the welcoming meal like a rainstorm on a peaceful spring day.

Ted Tonks shuffled out of the bathroom and sat down at the table, noticing Auriga in low spirits. "Are you alright Auriga?"

Andromeda snapped her head towards her husband with her eyes widened and brows raised. They both knew why she was gloomy, but Ted must have forgotten at that moment.

"Oh, um, sorry, my bad," The man stuttered out as he awkwardly avoided his wife's glare.

The woman walked over to Auriga and embraced her with a warm hug from behind. "Don't be so down, it's your last year, after this you're free."

She stood there with her caretaker's arms wrapped around her as she pursed her lips. "I know, it's just not the last year I expected to have. Thought I'd be able to become team captain, but I guess not..."

Andromeda looked to Ted, who was purposefully ignoring her seeking glare by reading the newspaper with his mug up to his lips. She sighed and pulled away from the girl, "Alright, let's go."

Auriga nodded and pulled her trunk along with her as she exited the home with the older woman.

•••

UNLIKE AURIGA BLACK, Eleanor Riddens had a great summer with her family on holiday in Egypt and even had the souvenirs to prove it, but she still felt sympathetic towards her friend. "Hey, everyone has their ups and downs in life, yours just so happens to be at the moment, but hey at least you decided to stay on the team?"

Auriga looked down at the blonde, who was laying her head on her lap and beaming up at her while waiting for a response, and shook her head. "It's more than that, Elle. It literally infuriates me, like, why me? Why am I the one who is the daughter of a mass murderer while everyone else is complaining about their parents being too embarrassing for kissing them in public!" The girl rambled on while her skin turned red in anger.

Eleanor sat up and pursed her lips in thought. "Listen, I know you wish you could be team captain and it might be caused by problematic family issues, but that shouldn't soil your whole last year!"

The girl pondered for a moment, her chin rested gently on her fingers. "You're right," She sighed, her friend grinning in relief, "But I'm still sad."