iv. OFFERS

"THAT'S IT?" Eleanor Riddens exclaimed a little too loud at the Ravenclaw table the next morning, alarming a hungover Charlotte Grey

"THAT'S IT?" Eleanor Riddens exclaimed a little too loud at the Ravenclaw table the next morning, alarming a hungover Charlotte Grey. "No playing with each other's wands or even a little snogging?"

"Eleanor!" Auriga warned her friend as fellow Ravenclaws were giggling amongst themselves, "Please, quiet down!"

"I know, I know, but still, we're all a little disappointed. We thought we were going to hear some juicy gossip on his failed attempt to win you back," Eleanor remarked with her lips pursed.

The brunette shook her head and clicked her tongue. "Whatever, I'm too hungover for this." She grabbed her book bag and a stood up from the table. "I'm going to go to the library and do some homework."

"Do you want to do Professor Lupin's work with me?" Violet pleaded with a soft smile on her face, "He is so persistent on homework and due dates."

A puzzled expression fell over Auriga's features as her brows furrowed. "I don't have any from him, I think he has quite a liking to me."

•••

LIKE MOST SUNDAY MORNINGS, the library was practically empty when Auriga entered with her bag and placed it on one of the table with a thud, earning a 'shh' from a studying fifth year Slytherin. She scoffed to herself and sat down, pulling out her binder and opening it up to a page she struggled with.

Her eyes read each line one by one, but they were burning as her migraine pounded her head and soon the words were blurring into one blob. Auriga began to drift off into a sound sleep, her head slowly slipping out of her hand.

Suddenly, she is awoken from her daze by a vaguely familiar voice. "Had a rough night, Black?"

Her head snapped up with a worried expression glancing around the library, her dry mouth smacking her lips for moisture. Sitting in front of her was the one and only Oliver Wood.

Noticing her concerned expression, he explained to the confused girl, "You were snoring and Madame Pince told me to wake you."

Still in a slightly chaotic state, she nodded and weakly smiled. "Thanks, I guess."

She had never really talked to Oliver by herself, usually with the rest of her team and it was only teasing pep talk, such as "Hello, cowardly lions," or "You'll see our Ravenclaws." It was odd to see him up close and in something as mundane as a simple maroon jumper and khaki pants.

"What brings you here on a Sunday?" Auriga asked with a grin.

He shrugged with a blank expression. "What brings you here when you're hungover?"

Offended, her cheeks flushed with red and she retorted, "How would you know that?"

Oliver exhaled and leaned in closer to her from across the table, "Excuse me, Black, but you reek of firewhiskey and I've already heard of everything that happened at Ravenclaw's party; who hooked up, who broke up, etc."