iii. DEFEAT

AURIGA BLACK SAT AT THE RAVENCLAW TABLE THE MORNING OF HER QUIDDITCH GAME

AURIGA BLACK SAT AT THE RAVENCLAW TABLE THE MORNING OF HER QUIDDITCH GAME. She downed as much toast and bacon as she could, eating out of nervous energy. Eleanor and Violet were glaring at her with soft smiles as she scarfed down plates of food.

"Auriga, we want some toast too," Eleanor teased as she pulled the tin basket towards them with a grin.

Violet giggled along with the blonde, "Yeah, we're hungry as well."

Auriga placed the piece of toast she was planning to eat back in the basket and she exhaled with an annoyed expression, "Guys, this is my last first game! I want to start my last season off great, I mean, we can't go that far with Davies as our captain."

Violet and Eleanor shared a look as they rolled their eyes in unison. As she strode to them in a furious manner, Charlotte slammed her textbook on the table, all three girls looking up to her at once.

"Auriga. You. Me. Now," The ginger demanded, her teeth clenched as she spoke.

Auriga's mouth was agape as she grabbed her arm and began to drag her behind her as they exited the Great Hall. She noticed that the red-haired girl's eyes were puffy and her skin was a blotchy red, but kept her mouth shut as she pushed her against the wall and glared at her, curiosity swirling in her irises.

"Do you reckon Violet or Eleanor told Vance about the France incident?" Charlotte questioned her in a raspy whisper.

"Merlin, Charlotte, I don't know! Why would they, they're our friends?" Auriga pulled herself up from the stone wall and rubbed her lower back that was now tingling in pain.

The ginger exhaled harshly and bit her lower lip while her foot tapped on the floor anxiously, "I just ... how does he know Auriga? Who told him?"

She gave her a sympathetic smile and shrugged, "Listen, it's just a rumor, don't let it ruin your year. Now, I have a game today and I need to get ready, so you'll just have to ask Violet and Eleanor yourself."

Charlotte crossed her arms and smirked to her friend as she shook her head. "Nope. I'm going to find out who's spreading this around, and whoever it is will pay. Big time."

Auriga rolled her eyes and scoffed, "That's what you always say, Charlotte."

•••

THE QUIDDITCH STANDS WERE PACKED TIGHT FOR THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. It was Ravenclaw versus Hufflepuff and it was unusual for the three Ravenclaws, who had only come to support Auriga Black, considering the main rivalry games were between Gryffindor and Slytherin. The girls were sitting in a sea of blue and bronze, Charlotte glaring suspiciously between Violet and Eleanor, who were only chatting about the weather.

"I can't believe it's already November, it's already almost Christmas break and I think my mum will faint over the fact that it will be my last holiday," Eleanor exclaimed as a soft breeze blew through, causing the crowds to shiver in unison.