ii. GITS

DESPITE AURIGA AND ELEANOR'S OPTIMISM FOR THE YEAR, they could not erase the forgotten stress surrounding their N

DESPITE AURIGA AND ELEANOR'S OPTIMISM FOR THE YEAR, they could not erase the forgotten stress surrounding their N.E.W.T.S exams. It was only the first month of the semester and the girls already had multiple essays, projects, and even a whole natal chart to finish.

The library had a tense atmosphere as 5th and 7th years alike were studying for their upcoming 'pop quizzes', as muggles liked to call it, two of the students being Eleanor Riddens and Auriga Black.

"Bloody hell, who comes up with these questions?" The brunette exclaimed as she tossed her potions homework across the table to her friend.

The blonde rolled her eyes and exhaled, "Professor Snape! But I didn't get those questions for my work." She passed her her assignments for the class as she squinted at the words. "See, I only have 20 and he gave you 45."

Auriga's mouth had gone slack and her brows furrowed as she studied the differences between the two. "He must be out to get me! I do his work, I participate, what's his problem?"

Eleanor pursed her lips and shook her head as she grabbed her work from the exasperated girl. "I don't know, Riga, but you better do it before you give him more reasons to give you more work."

•••

THE RUMORS IN THE HALLS OF HOGWARTS STARTED TO BOUNCE OFF OF AURIGA. They bothered the girl at first, making her leave class anytime her father was mentioned in anyone's little conversations so she could go to the bathrooms and contain herself. She truly believed it would be a never-ending disaster of gossip that would follow her until she left Hogwarts, but she didn't even have a single worry about petty chatting on that Friday.

Her arm were linked with Charlotte Grey as they were walking to astronomy class together, chatting about the new scandalous relationships that had sprung up during the past month.

"I heard that Liam Wentsworth was caught snogging with that 4th year, Rebecca Higgins. By a teacher," Charlotte exclaimed in a harsh whisper with a curious smirk.

Auriga raised her eyebrows in shock. "He really associates himself with that foolish little girl? What a creep."

The two continued walking while spitting out rumors and gossip, until a group of boys shuffled towards them, giggling and laughing as they approached. The leader of them was none other than Vance Rula, the infamous Ravenclaw that was involved in every cheating scandal at Hogwarts.

"Hello Charlotte, Auriga," He greeted the two with a harsh smirk as he quickly glanced at Auriga up and down with a look of disgust before turning his attention back to the red-haired girl.

Charlotte scoffed as she puffs her chest up defensively, "What do you want Vance? We have places to be other than your bed."

The boys surrounding him all broke out into laughter and sang a chorale of 'oooo's. Auriga caught a glimpse of a grinning Roger Davies, making her cheeks flood with a red tint before looking to the leader again.