Third Pastry

"LILY?!" A familiar voice sounded. Elliot...his arms came around her as her knees gave out. He had just been on his way to get dinner. "What the fuck hap-" he stopped short when he saw the blood coming from her nose and her cheek swollen and red. "Jesus..." he held her. She cried hard. From the pain, the betrayal, and his attempts to rape her. Several officers made their way to them, curious. Holding her, he knew immediately what happened. Blake. Rage filled his veins. "ZANE! WE NEED TO GO!" he yelled for his friend. They would take care of this asshole once and for all. Elliot motioned for one of the female officers to take her to a quiet room and tend to her. "Kay, take care of Lily until I get back." he ordered, holstering his gun. He wanted the man dead, but he was a good cop, he wouldn't do anything unethical.

Zane was in shock when he saw the condition Lily was in. Rage filled him at the thought of anyone hurting his friend or anyone for that matter.

The two men marched their way to the complex. People stared. There was enough rage rolling of the both of them to tackle an elephant head on. Stomping up the flight of stairs, Elliot almost ran to the door, beating on it.

"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU! YOU FUCKING WHORE!" Blake barreled as he swung the door open. Elliot was fuming. Blake's face went dark when he saw Zane and Elliot. "YOU! You son of a bitch!" In a fit of rage, he swung at Elliot but missed as Elliot grabbed him by the arm and slammed him to the floor.

"Going after a cop. Smart one, Einstein." Elliot cuffed him, "That I can forgive... but hitting a woman?" he shook his head. Clicking his tongue. "Your mother would be ashamed. You are damned lucky I have morals. I'd shoot your ass if I could." he growled lowly. He was surprised by his own calmness.

Zane hoisted him up, "Sick son of a bitch." He glowered down at Blake, who was spitting profanities at them both, "A sweet girl like Lily? Seriously? That girl is made of rainbows and puppies." He shook his head, "She wouldn't hurt a fly."

Blake spat, "Fuck you stupid pigs, that cunt hit me with a frying pan!"

It really took everything in him not to knock his ass out, "You deserved it. And more. Now shut the Hell up. Zane tell him his rights." Elliot dragged him along as Zane told him his rights.

All eyes were on them as they walked a new silent Blake across the road. The last thing Elliot needed was him making a scene that got ugly. But part of him almost wished he could have a reason to hit him. "Let's go through the back side. I don't want Lily to see." Elliot pulled him along to the back entrance.

Blake got cocky then, "Oh I get it...you like her." he chuckled deviously, "Well you're too late. I had her first." he lied, knowing he could get a rise. Elliot stiffened. "Her sweet little pussy." continuing with details, Elliot clenched his fists. Zane noticed the thinning of his friends fuse and stepped in just in time.

"Shut up." Zane pulled him through to the temporary holding cell. "In." he ordered. Blake went in and then it locked behind him. "Play nice." he chuckled. There were a few guys there Zane and Elliot knew would make him their bitch. "They love woman beaters." he gave a dark look.

Walking away, Zane placed a hand on Elliot's shoulder, "Breath." he said. In all the years he knew Elliot, happy-go-lucky and jokester, Elliot had never been this angry.

Elliot crossed his arms, trying to defuse his temper before he went to Lily, "She's staying with me." He said firmly. He knew she had the girls, but he wanted to be there. So, she felt protected. "I'm worried about her."

Zane nodded, "I know man...but it's not me you have to convince..." There was no way Sen and Ama would let her be without them. Elliot knew that. But it needed to happen.

Making their way back to the main department, Elliot saw Lily sitting in his chair, she had stopped crying and look blank. Kay had gotten the blood cleaned off her, but a large bruise was forming on her face. It was like a punch to the gut to see her not smiling. Elliot decided he would take off early and get her home so she could rest and be safe. "I'll be right back, gonna talk to Boss. I need to leave early. Go make sure she's okay." he asked as he went to the Captain's office to explain the situation.

Zane nodded and walked up to Lily. Kay finished filing a domestic violence report and went to input it. She had also given her a pair of gym clothes she kept in her locker. Lily was holding a cup of coffee, eyes puffy from crying. But at least she was out of that dress. Zane felt horrible she went through this. "Hey, Lil." He pulled up a chair, "You okay?" Stupid question.

Lily looked up at him and nodded half-heartedly, "Yea...I got out before..." she couldn't finish the thought. She let out a ragged breath. "W-where's Elliot?" she looked around, seeing him in an office. "I...I need to call Sen and Ama..." she didn't have her bag or her phone.

Zane had picked up her bag off the floor by the door when they got to the apartment. "Here." she took it with shaky hands. "Elliot wants you to stay with him. He's really worried about you, Lil." he gave a look, "I think it would be a good idea...I know Sen and Amaya will protest...but..." he sighed and rubbed his neck.

Lily stared down at her purse, "He's sweet...thank you both...did...did you get him?" she asked worriedly.

Nodding he leaned back in the chair, "Yea we did. If all goes well, he will spend some time in jail. We will get you a restraining order." He folded his arms over his chest, "If he makes bail, they will release him...Another good reason to stay with Elliot." Zane knew how Elliot felt about her. They would be perfect together. "And off the record...it would make him feel better..."

Lily didn't look back up, she knew he was right, "Yea...that's a good idea..." she decided before calling Amaya and Serenity. Luckily the two had left shortly after she did. They were still together, waiting at Sen's for her and her things. She had to tell them everything. Of course, they were pissed. They also offered for her to stay with them, but when she told them she was going to Elliot's they got really quiet. Then told her that was a good idea since he was so worried about her.

By the time she was done on the phone, Elliot was coming back out. He removed his holster, locking it up and grabbed his things. "Hey Lil..." he knelt beside her, examining her. "Let's get you out of here..." he said quietly. "We can grab your things from the apartment and go to my place." He really didn't want her to ever go back but she would need her clothes and stuff. Nodding she stood up, wincing in pain. Elliot allowed her to hold onto him for balance. "I'll get my car and pull around to the front, you head up and pack everything you can." He saw her let out a sigh and she walked over to the apartment. 

*~Edited*~