-chapter one

CHAPTER ONE - CLINT EASTWOOD

1x01 - "Days Gone Bye" & 1x02 - "Guts"

Hey, you. Dumbass. ❞

-

-

THE WOMAN sighed as she pulled her up into a ponytail, pushing any stray hairs behind her face. The heat that washed over Atlanta was unbearable. Sweat laced her entire body, forming almost a coat over her. Her foot tapped on the concrete in an annoyed pattern.

She was bored out of her mind, and waiting for this man to bite the dust was exhausting. Her friend, Glenn, couldn't help but decide to save the stupid guy who decided to hole up in a tank surrounded by geeks. Or, that's what she called them. The undead—the people who were once alive but now craved human flesh. Of course, they didn't mind an animal every now and then. An example being of the horse that the man once rode, which was now half-eaten.

"I'm thinking of a quick grab and run maneuver. Go in from the right," he pointed towards the side of the tank where less geeks were. "There's less of them that way. We'll tell him to crawl out from under and meet us halfway. We're better against the geeks as a group," Glenn decided.

"No way," Marlee shook her head. "If we go out there, we end up with three dead bodies. Not just one." She could see the look in Glenn's eyes. He wouldn't just abandon this idiot in the tank. If she was being honest, it would haunt her conscious if she just ran away like she planned. "Okay, but if we die I'm blaming it on you."

He shook his head. "Never-mind. New plan. One that won't get us killed." Marlee nodded slowly, showing him she was ready to hear the plan. "Alright, let's do this." He grinned, his smirk making Marlee the slightest bit grateful she decided to try and save this guy. "You still got that radio?"

Marlee gave a short "Yeah", and reached into the backpack she had hanging off one shoulder. Both of them were equipped with supplies, one of them being a radio they were lucky enough to scavenge. She handed it to him, watching as he inspected it.

He sucked in a sharp breath, then spoke into the radio in his hand, "Hey, you. Dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank. You cozy in there?" He grinned. Marlee shook her head, smiling softly.

After no response from the man, Glenn tried again, "Hey, you alive in there?" Both of their faces started to fall. Maybe he was already gone. Marlee wouldn't be surprised if he somehow got bit while maneuvering through that crowd of geeks.

"Hello? Hello?" The radio hissed back with a frantic crackle.

"There you are," Glenn let out a relieved sigh. "You had us wondering." Marlee laughed softly, a begrudging relief washing over her.