-chapter two

CHAPTER TWO - ESCAPING ATLANTA

1x02 - "Guts"

If bad ideas were an Olympic event, this would take the gold. ❞

-

-

MARLEE'S HEART was pounding as she and the others scurried onto the roof. Her hands clung to the railings as she made her way up, and eventually, they skidded onto the rooftop. They squinted slightly at the sudden brightness of the sun, all of them wearing shocked faces at the sight before him. Another one of their group, Merle, was shooting geeks below.

"Hey, Dixon, are you crazy!?" Morales screamed, everyone else joining behind him and Marlee.

Merle Dixon stood on the edge of the roof, holding a sniper-rifle in his arms, firing shots left and right. He glanced back at them before chuckling and firing again.

"Hey! Y'all oughta be more polite to a man with a gun!" Merle hopped down from the ledge he was on, directing the gun at the group playfully. "Only common sense."

"Man, you wasting bullets we ain't even got!" T-Dog yelled at him. "And you're bringing even more of them down on our ass! Just chill!

"Hey!" Merle shouted back at T-Dog. "Bad enough I got this taco-bender on my ass all day. Now I'm gonna take orders from you? I don't think so, bro. That'll be the day."

"'That'll be the day?' You got something you want to tell me?" T-Dog questioned.

"Hey, T-Dog man, just leave it," Morales said. "It ain't worth it. Now, Merle, just relax. Okay? We've got enough trouble."

Rick looked at Glenn questionably, but Glenn shook his head as if to tell him not to do anything.

"You want to know the day?" Merle asked, and T-Dog nodded. "I'll tell you the day, Mr. 'Yo'. It's the day I take orders from a n-"

Violence broke out between the group, a chorus of shouts and yells erupting loudly. Others tried to break up T-Dog and Merle, but it was no use. Both tried to punch each other while wrestling to the ground.

Rick was one of the first people that tried to intervene, but his effort was rewarded with a hard punch to the jaw by Merle before he began beating T-Dog worse.

Marlee immediately tried to run in instead, but it was Glenn who stopped her instead of Merle. He shook his head shortly, not wanting her to get involved.

Merle had gotten the upper hand in the fight as he kicked T-Dog away and then shoved him onto pipes nearby. With a loud crash, he tumbled onto the concrete after. Merle was relentless with the kicking and punches as T-Dog struggled beneath him.