-chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN - ONE FINAL SHOT

2x02 - "Bloodletting" & 2x03 - "Save the Last One"

There's one bullet left in this gun. Just keep walkin' and it won't go in you. ❞

-

-

"SHOT? WHAT do you mean shot?" Dale shouted at the group that appeared from the woods after they had explained what happened.

Glenn shrugged. "I don't know, Dale," he said breathlessly. "I wasn't there. All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori and Sam."

Dale followed after the group as they began to make their way onto the highway. "You let her take them?" He questioned. "T-Dog needs Sam's expertise."

Daryl grumbled, "Climb down out of my asshole, man. Rick sent her. She knew their names and Carl's." He stomped off,

Dale glanced towards Andrea with worried eyes, "I heard screams. Was that you?"

"She got attacked by a walker," Glenn explained. "It was a close call."

He turned to her again, "Andrea, are you all right?"

She looked back to face him, shaking her head shortly in annoyance before heading into the RV, slamming the door behind her. Marlee sighed, giving Dale a comforting smile, which he politely returned.

She let out a surprised gasp as she felt arms wrap around her waist and looked down to see her brother Jack. He grinned from ear to ear, "You're back!" Marlee nodded, ruffling his hair with a smile.

Elijah joined them just as Jack's smile faltered. His eyes scanned the group before he frowned. "Sophia?"

Elijah shook his head sadly, but rubbed his brother's back comfortingly. "We'll find her soon, bud. Don't worry."

Jack nodded, "I'm not worried." His smile soon returned as he inhaled deeply, "I was worried about Sophia getting water, but Dale told me about cactuses—"

"Cacti," Marlee corrected with a soft smile.

He nodded again, "Oh yeah! Cacti. He told me that. Anyways! They like, store water and stuff. So if she gets thirsty then all she needs is a cactus and she'll be fine!"

Elijah threw Marlee a hesitant glance before looking back at his brother. "Well..."

"Elijah," Marlee hushed him before nodding at Jack. "You're right. Sophia will be just fine." She gave him a short smile and his wide grin soon returned, something both of the older siblings cherished.