seventeen

The rest of the school day was a blur. You had a ton of homework to catch up on and the teachers were not taking it easy on the lectures.

It was your last class now, you were grateful you had history class. Yes, some find history extremely boring and you see half of the class asleep sometimes. But you didn't find it boring at all. You loved listening to your teacher as she spoke about world history. You sometimes imagined what it would be like living in that time. How everything then has been improved and changed entirely.

You sat in the second desk on the right, close to the front. No one you knew took this class. Which kind of made you eased. You loved your friends but the boys and Xai can be sometimes a distraction.

Class was about to start when an unfamiliar person sat next to you. You always sat alone. People preferred to be at the back, so that they can talk and be on their phones. Not that some people minded sitting in front, everyone in your class did mind sitting next to you.

You looked at the tall, slim boy. His silver hair was messy but it made him look good. You tried to get a better view of the boy until he turned and faced you. You quickly turned and sat back in your desk, head lowered.

"Your y/n, right?" The boy suddenly asked you. You looked at the boy and slowly nodded. The boy sat up straighter and faced his body towards you. He smiled at you and you were so captivated by the boys beautiful deep dimples.

"I'm namjoon" he said extending his hand. You knew that name, he was friends with Jackson, you thought. You slowly brought up your hand and shook hands with him.

He smiled genuinely at you and you couldn't help to smile back. Your eyes soon caught a figure lingering behind namjoon. Namjoon could see something was wrong by the sudden change of your expression. He looked up to see you staring at a girl. Namjoon could tell that you resented the girl for whatever reason so he spoke up, "I'm sorry, but can you please sit at your seat." Namjoon spoke kindly and Sky stared at you a little then turned to sit in her seat.

You let out shaky breathes.

No. Not now. Calm down, y/n!

"Hey, are you okay?" Namjoon asked softly, his eyes full of concern as he saw you breathing heavily. You nodded and faced the front.

Namjoon eyes saddened. He could tell something was wrong, he might be the baddest boy in the school but he was a huge softie. Your chest slowly rose and fell, trying your hardest not to break in class.

You felt bad that namjoon had to sit next to you. He was probably very uncomfortable, you thought. Namjoon shifted in his seat and lifted his arm, calling out to your teacher. You internally cursed, great, y/n. Go ahead and scare the boy off.

But you were caught off guard when namjoon said you weren't well. The teacher nodded and told you to go to the nurse and allowed namjoon to come with as well. In case you fainted or something.

You awkwardly walked along side namjoon. Namjoon was really tall just as you recalled, you had to crank your head up just so you could meet the boys eyes.

"I've been visiting the nurse too much for my liking" you blurted out. Namjoon chuckled at that, he could see your tense form slowly became comfortable with him. You didn't know why you suddenly blurted that out, you just felt comfortable in namjoons presence. The entire day you felt drained, it felt good to talk.

"Same here" namjoon said, and your eyebrows furrowed at that.

"I get hurt a lot, I'm quite clumsy" namjoon said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head. You smiled at his embarrassed form. You nudged him,"don't worry, I'm clumsy as well"