thirty-two

Do you ever feel like someone is watching you?

Even though it seems like no one is there but your instincts immediately heightens whenever you're alone.

The paranoia of someone watching you, stalking your every move had your stomach lurch with anxiety. Your wide eyes glancing in every direction as you walked your way to school. Your heart pounded in your chest, a nauseous feeling crept in your throat but you suppressed the whirlwind of emotions and focused on your surroundings. You hummed a little tune to help calm your anxiety.

We were ships in the night, night, night...

You sang the song that taehyung would sing to you when you were feeling sad or if your anxiety has gotten severe. You had a small smile spread across your chubby cheeks as you recalled the times taehyung has been there to help you. His gentle touch and soft words made your heart swell in warmth, especially when he sang, his deep husky voice always amazed you. You were sobbing when he sang, not knowing why you were crying, maybe it was because you were a big softy. You swore many people would have cried like you did when hearing taehyungs voice. His voice had so much warmth and soul, you thought if it was possible to marry someone's voice.

You hoped one day that he would share his voice and songs with the world. He doubted himself a lot but you believed in him, 'you will be a global superstar'  you told him but he laughed and told you the day that will happen you will be a famous artist and you believed him.

Anything taehyung says you listened and trusted his opinion.

And he listened to you.

He is your light.

And you're his darkness.

He shined his light and guided you through your darkest times. When his light faded you sat with him in the darkness until he found his glow again. Not knowing taehyung for long was okay for you. His actions always showed that you could trust him. Thinking about him made you feel a subtle perturbation.

You wanted him to be happy.

Like he has wished for you.

You guessed you and taehyung had a long way to go to discover your own happiness. There was no rush, you both felt a boost of serotonin with each other and that alone gave you and him hope.

You pushed your hair back, neck craned back as you let out a long sigh, gaze unfocused on the fluffy clouds in the sky. You hummed, mind frantic as you thought of Xai. Did she eventually talk to jackson?  She has told you about her and Serendipity's sudden friendship which you were delighted about. Xai has a lot to make up to jackson and you were positive that Xai will make the right decision.

You also wondered how Jaebum was doing. You haven't spoken to him in a while, and he hasn't approached you. He might probably be busy, but if he was, was he so busy not to talk to you? You bit your bottom lip in guilt, maybe if you tried to reach out to him he wouldn't have forgotten about you like he has. No, jaebum wouldn't forget about you...right? A melancholy feeling filled your heart, hands fisted tightly, and breath uneven. Damn, I'm such a horrible friend.
Your jaw clenched, you rubbed your throbbing head, lips turned in a frown from the sudden wave of pain.

You made a mental note to talk to jaebum. You can go a day with feeling something, a day for forgetting how to make yourself happy and make sure jaebum is okay. A day were you can forget your heartache, just one day, for jaebum. Your anxiety wouldn't stop you from talking to him and...if he ignored you then you knew were you guys stood.

This made you believe in that saying, People are always temporarily happiness.

You would know.