~.Chapter - 4.~

It will soon be a year since Sasuke and Makaira's marriage was done, Shisui took over Makaira's training in dealing with the Sharingan. Lord Uchiha still didn't let her go to the academy, wanted her to learn domestic skills instead but that didn't bother her anymore. She enjoyed training with her brother. She loved her brother more than anything else and used the time he had for her as his missions increasingly took him.

It was evening and it worried her that Shisui wasn't back yet. He would've let her know if a mission had intervened. Disappointed, She paced through the house when she saw Itachi. Itachi seemed to be in a hurry, so he didn't notice that she followed him unobtrusively. they came to the place where the waterfall passed into the Naka no Kawa River. Shisui stood there on the edge of the cliff, with his back to her. What was he doing here?

"What happened Shisui?" Itachi took a step forwards.

"It'll not be long before the coup d'état. If a civil war breaks out the other countries will certainly intervene and won't be able to do anything against it. I'm sorry Itachi ... Danzo attacked me before I was able to manipulate your father with Kotoamatsukami ... we failed ..."

As Shishu turned around, Makaira was startled. His right eye was closed and the blood that came out of the eye socket stuck to his cheek.

"Danzo didn't trust my plan ... he wants to save the village on his own ..." Shisui's voice had weakened.

"I'm sure he wants my left eye too ... but before he gets it, you should have it ..." he continued, taking his last eye out of the socket and handing it to Itachi.

"Protect this village ... and the honour of Uchiha."

Out of nowhere, a crow appeared and took Shishu's eye off, before the animal rose again into the air.

"There's something else ... I need you to take care of Makaira. I know you would do that anyway, after all, She is Sasuke's wife. I'm so glad that ... she caught herself. She just ... crawled out of her cave and I don't want her to fall into such a hole again. You know how much I love her and how important she is to me," he said.

Tears streamed down her cheeks. There was silence before Itachi spoke again.

"Of course, but what will you do now?" asked Shishu's best friend.

Shisui took a step back.

"Danzo ... poisoned me. You can't help me anymore. Once I'm dead, many things will change. I left ... a message for them ..."

He didn't want to ... 

"Wait Shisui!" Panic was in Itachi's voice when he recognized Shisui's plan.

"Nii-san NO!" Makaira shouted. Shishu snapped his head at the direction of his sister's voice.

"Makaira! What are you doing here?" He dropped on his knees as she hugged him tightly.

"I got worried when you got late, I followed Itachi here," She said sniffing back while wiping her tears away as they kept coming.

"Makaira, would you do something for me?"

She nodded saying "Yes, anything"

"I have left you some things, you know where to look. Do it for me, please. Will you?" Shishu said standing up.

"Yeah, but please don't leave me!! I love you" He placed a kiss on her head and said "I love you too. I'll always be with you. Always. In here." He said placing a hand on her heart. He poked her forehead one last time before saying "Don't hold me back," to Itachi, dropping off the cliff backwards.