~.Chapter - 25.~

Sasuke stares at Kakashi Sensei. Looking terrified. His eyes are unfocused and he's shaking

'What an intense thirst for blood. Shallow breath, one tiny movement of the eye is enough to bring on instant death. If it goes on like this we'll go insane. A clash of two Jonin intends to kill. I never felt anything so chilling. It's as if my own life is being choked off. No, I can't bear it. I rather take my own life

"Sasuke? What are you doing?!" Makaira whispered to him. He's pointing his kunai at himself, she took his hand in hers and shot a glare at him for even thinking that.

"Sasuke" Kakashi Sensei glanced towards the pair.

"Calm down. I'll protect you with my life. All of you. I will not allow my comrades to die" He turns around and showed a close eye smile "Trust me" It seemed to snap him out of it and he nodded. He looked at Makaira who was a little mad at him.

"I wouldn't be so sure," said Zabuza. A clone rises from the water. Naruto started to panic slightly.

"You think wearing a headband makes you a Ninja. When you've hovered between life and death so many times it doesn't faze you, then, you may be called a Ninja. When you've become so deadly, your profile is entered into my bingo book, then you may have earned the title of Ninja. But to call upstarts like you Ninja? It's a joke"

He disappears again. His clone is in front of Naruto. Kicking Naruto back, knocking his headband off in the process. Zabuza steps on his headband, "You're just brats."

Makaira gasped at the sight, she knew how important that band was to Naruto. "Naruto!" Sakura called him.

"Listen! Get the bridge builder and Makaira, and run! You can't win this fight! He's using all his power to keep me in this prison! So he can only fight you with his Water Clone. But the clone can't go far from his real body. If you get away from him, he can't follow. Now run!" Makaira shot him a look to which he gave her a clear no with a wink. Then it all clicked, seems like Makaira was not the only one who thought it will be good for the boy's teamwork. She has to obey her original orders and appear weak while protecting Tazuna.

"Then, what happens to you Kakashi Sensei?"

"Remember when I told you. An impossible choice. The enemy takes a hostage and you have an impossible choice. Someone dies either way. This is a mission. That is what happens on a mission. Now go!"

'Runaway? Not an option. That became unthinkable the moment you got caught! No matter how fast we run or how far we go, he'll track us down...and wipe us out. If we try a Manji Defence Formation, he can get around it in an instant. In the end, if we're on our own, we're finished. Our only chance of survival...is to rescue you' Makaira was impressed by the train of thoughts, Naruto has been her favourite teammate due to their love for Ramen and would treat each other from time to time. It was no surprise to her that she could almost read his mind just by looking at him.

"We've got to do it!" Naruto said as he broke the silence. He ran forward, throwing shurikens. Zabuza simply takes his sword and dodges them "Put this in your bingo book. The Ninja that will become Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves... He never backs down! His name's Naruto Uzumaki!". 'Naruto' Makaira smiled to herself. She believed in that boy and had no doubt one day he WILL become the Hokage of the village hidden in the leaves. "Big words for such a little man. You think your plan's going to keep you in the game?" Zabuza taunted him.

"What are you doing? I told you to run! This fight was over the moment I got caught. Now take off! Your mission is not to prove how brave you are. It's to save the bridge builder! Stay on a mission!" Kakashi Sensei yelled.

"Huh? Bridge builder?" Naruto turns around, "Well. I guess this all happened because of me. Because of my desire to live. But I won't let that stand in your way now" He looks up at them, Makaira had to admit at the moment she was so proud to be a part of this team.

"Forget about me, and do what you have to do! Go ahead and fight to save your Sensei. I'll stay here and watch over your friend here" Tazuna said.

"Sakura and you can protect the bridgebuilder while we take care of this. Take care of yourself for me," Sasuke asked Makaira whispering the late bit softly, she gave him a nod.

"Alright, you hear that?" Sasuke turn back around

"Yeah! Believe it. You ready?" Naruto exclaimed.

Makaira made eye-contact with her Sensei who was still trapped in that jutsu and smirked at him, 'I won' She mouthed to him, reminding him of the bet they had made about their team's ability to work together. Makaira was sure, if push comes to shove, her team has the potential to get through it.
________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: Hey people! I'm going to skip to Tazuna's house because Makaira will not have a big role in this fight, she will be keeping her strength hidden since she knew that her teammates can handle it. Anyway, How are you all doing? Hope you are well and safe.

Take care people!!

Random Fact: Goosebumps are meant to ward off predators. Why do we get goosebumps? In this physiological reaction, small muscles attached to individual body hairs contract, which leads the hair to stand on end. We inherited this ability from our ancestors in part as a way for our (then) coat of body hair to capture air beneath it and in that way retain heat. But, as George A. Bubenik, a physiologist and professor of zoology at the in Ontario, Canada,  it also caused our ancestors to appear bigger than they were, helping to ward off predators when they were frightened or on the defence. With modern humans having less body hair, goosebumps no longer cause us to look that much more intimidating.

Random Riddle: What gets bigger every time you take from it?

Vote, Comment and Follow~

Love,

Unwritten_Angel