Ch. 15

*ELIZA'S POV*

    'Alex is coming home! I can't wait! He won't be in danger anymore. We can live as a normal family! Just me, Alex...and little Phillip. This baby will be our priority and we'll raise him to be a wonderful man.' I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw someone coming.

   Is that Alex? ...yes! It's him! He's home! I ran over to the Fence of the garden and started to wave enthusiastically. "Alex!" he looked up and gave a wide smile. "Betsy!" (apparently that was one of her nicknames in real life) he ran up and jumped the (small) fence and we hugged. "I'm so glad you're ok." I said. He kissed me but then looked down. He gave a small, worried frown.

   "How...How long have you known..." "A month or so..." "Eliza. You should have told me." "I wrote to the General a month ago-" "No." "I begged him to send you home." "You should've told me..."

*QUICK POV CHANGE TO ALEX*

All of that mess was for nothing... Ugh! Why didn't I just listen to da- Washington! What is going on with me! He's not my dad!!!

* OK BACK TO ELIZA POV*

  "I'm not sorry." I smiled. Alex looked very troubled. "Alex? What's wrong?" He just looked up at me and gave a small, sad smile. 'Maybe it's because he was sent home...' I thought as I sighed. "I knew you'd fight until the war was won-" "The war's not done."

  "Don't you deserve a chance to meet your son." His face softened. He just sighed saying, "will you relish being a poor man's wife, unable to provide for your life..." "I relish being your wife." I smiled and he returned the gesture.

"Look at where we are...Look at where you started. The fact that you're alive is a miracle. Just stay alive...that would be enough." We sat on the garden bench. "And if this child shares a fraction of your smile, or a fragment of your mind, look out world! That would be enough!" Alex still looked a little troubled. "I don't pretend to know the challenges your facing... The worlds you keep erasing and creating in your mind, But I'm not afraid, I know who I married."

I laughed a bit. "So long as you come home at the end of the Day...That would be enough." "But-" Alex started. I shook my head a bit saying, "We don't need a legacy, We don't need money, If I could grant you peace of mind,
If you could let me inside your heart... Oh, let me be a part of the narrative... In the story they will write someday. Let this moment be the first Chapter...Where you decide to stay... Alex please...will you stay home with Phillip and I?"

He laughed. "Of course I'll stay Eliza."

Words- 479

OK SO- sorry this is so short. I've been really busy studying for FSA's. I will try to post another chapter as soon as possible and hopefully it's longer 😂