1401-1410 (part 2)

She could not help but glance at Di Fuyi. Though he bit his lips subtly, he looked rather calm. The moonlight shined naturally in his eyes even though their surrounding was dark. He did not look at her but looked up at the sky.

In the starlight sky, how many of them were still shining and how many had died? If each star represented a person, how many stars had fallen without anyone knowing?

Gu Xijiu knew that Di Fuyi was feeling unhappy though he did not show it. She held his hand and realized that his fingers were slightly cold. He seemed distracted, and so he did not hold her back like he usually did.

Gu Xijiu tried pleasing him by leaning her head on his shoulder. "Fuyi, I will refine the medicine for you." Di Fuyi patted her hand and just nodded without saying anything.

They went to Di Fuyi's former refining room. Gu Xijiu tried cheering herself up and prepared to refine the antidote. As they were running out of time, she needed to concentrate onrefiningthe cure thoroughly. Di Fuyi created a wizardry barrier outside the refining room so that no one could see the light and sounds coming from inside the refining room.

An hour passed, two hours passed.

Gu Xijiu had spent a full day inside the refining room. She had not come out from theroomever since she entered, which meant that she had not gotten any sleep at all.

She could not remember how much medicine she had wasted. It was not until the next evening that she saw ten glittering pills inside the furnace when she opened it.

The eighth-grade Spell Solvent Pills! The Spell Solvent Pill was most effective against such a spell. It could break any venomous spell in the world.

Initially, she thought that it should be sufficient to have only level seven pills. However, she added a particular ingredient in her last trial to be safe. Her blood! As a result, she had successfully refined ten eighth-grade pills!

Her blood could increase the quality of any pills. The effect was the same regardless of whether it was her original body or current body. She had never revealed this power to anyone before and considered it as her little secret.

Nevertheless, she scarcely used her blood to refine medicine. She used it once when she tried saving Di Fuyi when he first entered the core array.

There were also other times where she occasionally got injured during the refining process, and her blood accidentally fell into the alchemy furnace. As a result, the quality of the pillswasexcellent.

Gu Xijiu had been in a terrible mood recently. Although Di Fuyi had never blamed her and did not even complain to her, she understood very well that all of this was caused by the fact that she had run away from her wedding.

All of this would not have happened if she had gone along with the wedding. So many innocent lives would not have been sacrificed.

She had been feeling guilty ever since she escaped from the dark forest. However, she hid it very well and never shared her feelings with anyone. Now, it felt like a heavy burden had been lifted from her heart when she saw the ten eighth grade pills.

These pills were the most effective cure to break the venomous spell. She had learned the recipe from an expert that she knew from the modern days. The person claimed to be the ancestor of the venomous spell. There was this one time where she had coincidentally saved his wife, and so he taught her about this cure as a way of showing his gratitude.

Gu Xijiu did not know anything about spiritual power or refining medicines during that time, and since this cure required a very high level of spiritual power to refine, as well as some special alchemy techniques, she had always kept this cure in mind but never practiced it. Finally, she was able to apply the knowledge that she had gained from the venomous expert.