Chapter 1: Legend

"Tell me the story about the two lovers, Mommy!" A little girl giggled with her little sister as they both laid next to each other on the bed.

The mother chuckled, sitting on the rocking chair next to them. Her fair hands caressed her small baby bump... smiling softly at her two children. "You want to know that old tale? I'm surprised you love those kind of stories, Iris..."

The young girl giggled with her dark brown hair bounced. Both the girls' hair was a bit damp, as their father helped bathe them for the nightly bath. "I do love it, Mommy! Please tell me that story! I love it!"

"Alright, alright... I'll tell you. But, after this story, you gotta go to sleep. Understand, girls?"

A smile on their faces grew as their mother agreed to tell the story. "Yes, Mommy!" Without a second thought, the girls crawled into their beds, tucking themselves in. Their soft, warm blankets were pulled over them as they were filled with excitement.

"Now... prepare yourselves for the tale of love, little ones." She chuckles, turning a ring on her finger. The ring began to gleam with moonlight as she began to speak.

"Once upon a time, there was a fair maiden... and her name was Hanji. Oh, she was a fair maiden alright. Her twin sister carried the sun on her back, giving birth to life and joy to the people on the ground. Akira, the sister, loved seeing the children play in her sunlight. But then, when Hanji's moon came up, everyone slept... but she didn't mind.

She got to see the people sleeping peacefully as they rested for morning. But sometimes, it got lonely. Night after night, she saw something move within the shadows... and curiosity began to strike her. What would she see in the darkness? Within the shadows that her light could not pierce? Sadly, she could not step foot out of her moonlight... as she lives on her light."

"What about the god of darkness, Mommy?" The younger daughter cried out, wanting to get far ahead into the story.

The mother simply chuckled, seeing herself in that young daughter. "Just you wait, Raven. Let me finish the story." She cleared her throat and began to speak again.

"Now... the god of darkness... his name was Levi. Oh, he was feared from all the shadows. Even his presence made everyone quiver in fear. The children all feared of him, afraid to get nightmares from this god. But deep inside... he wasn't all dark and scary. He was just born like that.

Day and night, he hid from the light... as the light will burn his darkness. He was more afraid of Akira, rather than Hanji's light. Sometimes, he would attempt to go into her light... to see the fair maiden... but sometimes, it would not work. He would've done anything to see her again... to see her properly."