chapter 9, Changes

Chapter 9, Changes

Recap:

When we left Lisette, she was unconscious and dying, due to starvation and neglect, but she had learned that she had been a prisoner for 2 years and, that, the next day was her 16th birthday. Tamera and Rafe have some mysterious guests, and they are involved in some nefarious scheme.

What is it and who is involved?

Meanwhile, Kim had been transported somewhere else. She was saved from a sadistic guard who was going to rape her, by a new prisoner, who turned out to be her mate.

*******************

Now

Lisette:

I know that I was dying. All I could think of was, at least, now I didn't have to endure that collar. I had decided that I wasn't going to give Tamera a single voluntary sound and truthfully, I think that the continuous electrical shocks and my screams have damaged my throat. But that doesn't matter, I am going to rejoin Mom and Dad, I've missed them so much, and not only, because, all this wouldn't be happening to me.

I jumped, suddenly, I felt like I was plugged into a socket. After a lot of thought, I decided that someone or something intervened, and helped. I felt an influx of energy, and, I feel better then, I have in several months. Certainly not like my true self, but better.

And you can bet your Ass, I'm pissed!

It won't do me any good in here, I think, but I'm going to be sneaky and not let Lauren and Rafe know, that I feel better.

The blackness around me slowly started fading, and I begin to recognize the area I had been in during my last dream.

This dream, (or whatever it is), is so strange, I've never heard of a continuing dream like this. At least, my wrist is almost healed, that has to be an effect of the energy boost, because I'm so run down that I was no longer healing as fast as before. This looks like the same area I was in, or as much as I can remember. That's the pine tree is where I was laying down, before I awoke.

Suddenly, a bright flash of light, just at the edge of a pasture, caught my eyes. I started walking toward it, but paused when a figure walked out of the light.

"No, I'm not ready to die, I will get free from them and they will rot in prison for this.

A musical giggle was my answer, as the figure became visible as it walked away from the light, "Mom, is that you?"

"No, Child, your Mother is with your Dad, And they can't to contact you. And, No, you are Not dying, ... well yes you were but. Today is your 16th birthday, and I have some information about your gift for you."

"Who are you, and why can't I see your face?" I asked the woman. She continued walking towards me and she extended her hand towards me. I saw that she was a very pretty American Indian or Hispanic woman. I couldn't tell from her speech if either guess was correct.

She sighed and said, "We didn't locate your Mother in time, but you're from a long line of talented people."

"If we had located your Mother, you would already known about us, but with her death, she gave us somewhere to look. We knew from the energy that she was a mother. But, the location was vague, due to her not having developed her talent, so when she died, we only faintly felt the location. The midsection of the United States, is not small, especially when you are searching for a small child."

"My name is Melody, and I'm a Dream Walker. My mate, Samuel and I have been trying to find you." Hearing a faint sound, Aria and I turned around, and I gasped, as a pure black Wolf appeared.

Frightened, I recognized the wolf, he's the one who grabbed my wrist. He Hurt Me!

"Yes, he did and he's been very worried about you. He was trying to get you to come with him here." Melody said. I stared at her, trying to figure out this puzzle, there was only one explanation for him, Samuel, but They didn't exist.

WEREWOLVES Exist!!! Oh my God!!! I said, but was interrupted by Melody.

"We do exist, but in a dream, we can only take our shape from the person's dream. Once we enter their dream, until we sever the connection, the dream continues for that person. This is why, your dream has been reoccurring, or should I say playing out."

"We underestimated your physical condition, we "Assumed", you were in good shape, so we didn't think the energy drain would harm you. It's our fault that you almost died. We cannot apologize enough. "Thank God, you got some energy from someone. Do you know who did it?"

"No", I said, I wasn't able to see anyone." "What do you mean with my mothers death, that she gave you somewhere to look?"

Melody's face was sorrowful and she said, "When one of us passes, our energy is released back into the universe, some of us are strong enough to feel it and get a sense of where the death occurred. If it someone we know and love, we are able to know who died and where."

Yeah, Right, I thought to myself. I jumped, as the wolf, turned abruptly toward Aria. They stared intently at each other and Melody nodded, as if they had been talking. She started to say something but I interrupted her, saying "What did you mean "gift"? Why would you have information for someone you've never met?"

Melody, sighing, said, "This gift is one you already possess, I should have said, I'm going to help you learn what your powers are and how to use them."

I snorted, "Yeah Right, that's a crock, and this is just a dream. If I had powers, I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in. I would have escaped 2 years ago."

She said, "Please just listen, our strength is fading and we only have a couple of minutes left. You didn't know you had powers because, girls come into their powers between the age of 14-16. Because you have been so mistreated, your power's haven't shown up. But you are or will be a powerful healer. I can sense, that once trained, you will be very powerful and in addition, you have some pre-cognitive powers."

I realized that suddenly she was fading, she said, "You're waking up, remember your strength is your goodness. Focus on sending strength and healing through your hands, but don't push too hard. We are not deities, or gods, we are just people with different abilities and strengths. I can't help with your pre-cognitive powers, but, if you have a vision or a lifelike dream, you should pay attention to it."

"What you seeing is in the dream is the "Most Likely" future, it is not set in stone. The future is guided by our actions at the minute. What you see can be changed, but you can only change your own actions and influence others. But You can't change the future, by yourself and remember, Death is a natural part of life, and some cannot be saved."

As she said that, I realized that she was becoming transparent, and she said, "Be careful, Aria said that your current situation, could take your life, unless you are very very careful." As she said the last word, her figure faded completely out, as I realized that I was really waking up.

Author: the ability to create a story is as important as the ability to get someone to read it. It takes guts to put yourself out there and guts to hang on, praying for some readers, comments and votes.

This is me telling you all to hang on, some things take longer.