Dark Ice: Chapter Eleven, The Battle of Fiore.

Lyon I

The great ship known as the Fairy had finally arrived at the shores of Gilmore. Lyon looked on at the town from afar. It had a strange smell, one that was unpleasant and bloody. A war was going to occur soon enough, he would be wise to get used to the terrible smell. He stepped off of the ship, eyes focused on the gate that kept the leader of safe haven safe. There was a possibility of running into an old friend of his if the rumors he's heard over the few years were to be believed. Stepping off of the warship was the commander of the thousands of ships and cogs that had docked upon the shores of Fiore, Lyon Vastia. He'd come a long way to fight in the name of the woman he believed in, Levy McGarden.

"Is this the place?" Lyon asked, looking to Ion the One-Ear, a man among his ranks who'd lost an ear during the Dance of Dragons six years prior. "Yes, captain. This is Gilmore," One-Ear responded. "Sound the horns, let them know we're here," Lyon commanded. Following his command, the horn was rung to let the people of Gilmore know the armada of Tenrou Island had arrived.

Gray I

Behind the gate of Gilmore, Gray Fullbuster sat along a long table accompanied by Cana Alberona, Levy McGarden, Milianna, Bacchus Groh, and Arana Webb. They were plotting for the war to come. Though he didn't care for being given a position, Levy had still given him Command of her army's second division. His right finger pointed to Magnolia as that would serve as their stronghold during the war. There was quite a fine line between Gilmore and Era and Magnolia stood right in the middle of it.

"Magnolia? But that would place us right in the middle of the battlefield, we would get surrounded by Gallon's forces," Levy argued. "Aye, but that's what he'll think. Your army has three divisions. I'll take the second and have them hold Magnolia as their stronghold, once we're surrounded the first and third divisions will strike at them from the back. The second army will attack from the front, we'll have Gallon and his army cornered," Gray uttered. He would soon sit up as the sound of horns had reached his ear. He looked up, wondering who could've been sounding such a horrible sound.

"Don't be alarmed. That horn means Lyon and the rest of our army have arrived," Levy informed. She soon stood from her seat and proceeded to quickly head out of the Mayor's tower with the others following behind her. Gray would issue a swift sigh before following along. It had been a while since he's seen Lyon, for the past six years, he thought him to be dead like Natsu and the rest of Fairy Tail. There was a slight feeling of dread that came over him as he'd thought about Lyon bringing up the topic of Juvia who he let die in his arms.

Soon, the gates opened and a mountain of men entered Gilmore with Lyon at the forefront. The white-haired ice mage turned to One-Ear once more, having him tell the other men to stop sounding the horn. Gray was thankful as the horn carried an awful tune. Lyon's eyes set their sights on him, Gray knew about Lyon's feelings for Juvia, it wasn't as though he'd kept them secret after all. Back then, he would shout it out from the top of the world if he could. "So you're still prone to wearing rags, I'm not surprised," Lyon joked. His lips formed a smile as he approached the raven.

"Even so, it's still better than the way you dress, princess," Gray responded. It was a nice feeling to be throwing insults back at his rival. Lyon would express a slight bit of anger, before sighing. "It's been too long, Gray," the white-haired mage stated. Gray would only nod before standing aside as Levy approached Lyon, she smiled as he bowed in her presence, displaying just how much of a gentleman he was.

"I hope the seas weren't too rough on you guys, I need you all at full capacity if we're going to win this war," Levy joked. Lyon would soon rise back up with a chuckle escaping his lips. "No, the winds were actually quite kind to us," Lyon stated. He and Levy soon began to venture into the town as the rest of the army began to settle into Gilmore.