Dark Ice: Chapter Twelve, A Promise of Victory.

Lyon I

Death or glory, I will have my fill of both today, thought Lyon Vastia as he stood mere inches from a young man who was named the second commander of the Chautari. The young man's name had been Laviaten Selemy. The boy carried a smile that was confident, he didn't seem to see Lyon as any form of a threat, and that would be his mistake. Lyon saw no point in speaking with a man of his nature. The white-haired ice mage stepped forward, stretching his arms outwards as the two came face to face.

"It's not wise to look down on your opponent, boy," Lyon stated. It felt ironic as he was the one who had to look down in order to see his opponent. His words angered Laviaten as he seemed offended by Lyon. "Boy? Who're you calling a boy, It's lord Selemy to you! You don't seem to have any form of respect, I will teach you," the boy shouted. Lyon could care less about his sudden burst of outrage, there was only one thing on his mind at the moment and that was escaping this battle as the victor.

Lyon stood there within the seconds he had, picturing the songs the men would sing of victory. Picturing himself finally back home, drinking a good cup of ale serviced to him by a good lad. With taking in his breath and releasing it, the white-haired male threw himself forward, his arms quick to collide as his right fist would be placed on top of his left palm, conjuring an ice dragon from the ground that would hurtle towards his foe. Its mouth would open aiming to swallow the other whole, but before the ice dragon could even make contact with Laviaten, it would explode in a ball of fury. The boy would smirk, but Lyon would remain unimpressed. Laviaten's middle finger would snap against his thumb and from that act, multiple explosions would occur within Lyon's vicinity, catching the white-haired mage in a blaze of flames.

Lyon could hear the boy's laugh as the smoke blanketed his sight. However, with the boy being so loud with his laughter, he'd made himself an easy target to catch with a surprise attack. With his magic, Lyon sent multiple ice lances into the boy's direction. However, it was unfortunate that his attack had been for naught as the boy luckily managed to dodge all of the ice lances. More explosions would occur surrounding Lyon. He'd taken damage from being forced to take all of those explosions, but he had yet to fall. Lyon had seen the future, and it was bright.

The Ice-make mage would utilize both hands to freeze the ground in front of himself and would create a single tower of ice spikes that would encase the boy in ice, though it would not take long for the young boy to break himself free using his explosion magic. "Heh, you didn't think that would work did you?!" The young man shouted carrying a smirk. Lyon would simply scuff, as he hurled himself forward encasing his fist in ice. With closing the gap between himself and Laviaten, he'd throw a few punches into the other's direction. It seemed as though Laviaten was blessed with fortune as he managed to dodge all of Lyon's punches before blowing him back towards the ground using his explosion magic.

Lyon would stand once more and dive right back into battle as he planned not to fall today. Today is not my end, Lyon told himself as he continued to fight back against Laviaten, who confidently held the upper hand.

Levy I

As One-Ear carried her to a secure location, she couldn't help herself but worry about Lyon. Thinking back on the day she'd lost Gajeel to the dragon's attack, she just couldn't picture a fairytale ending. Gallon's army had overrun magnolia, wiping the floor with her own. Every battle she looked towards, more and more of her men were falling like multiple dead ravens hitting the ground after being struck with an arrow. She hated this, she didn't want to run but was given no choice. Much like the last time, she couldn't fight.

One-Ear would finally come to a halt, walking into a house that seemed the most secure out of the rest of the surrounding homes. He would place her onto the old rusty couch, kneeling down to check on her right ankle. It was bruised, and the pain felt almost unbearable. One-Ear would place a digit against her ankle and she'd squeal like a crying baby pig. He'd look up at her with an expression that spoke his worry.