Adoption?

Another day, another shift. 

Spring break had begun, so you were working full time for the time being. Gotta get that money, am I right? Yeah. 

"Hey Y/N! We have a new coworker today and he's like, suuuper cool!" Chiho ran up to you, fawning a little. My oh my, did little miss Chi have a crush? 

"Wait, really? I thought we were pretty full already..." You trailed off. 

"Yeah, I thought so too. But apparently someone quit right after dinner rush last night, and he just happened to be there this morning. Cool, huh? How timing works like that." She seemed to be drifting off to daydream, so you just sat in the break room, waiting for your shift to start. You always got there extra early to sle- chill. 

By the time lunch rush came around, you were working the fryer. 

"Need a hand?" A male voice came out from behind you. He had black hair, but when the light hit it, it had hints of green. His eyes were... red? They were like little balls of fire. No wonder Chi had a crush on him, but this is about purple boy who you'll meet later on. 

"No, I think I'm fine. But thank you though." You smiled at him, putting fries in one of the containers for the next order. 

"I'm Sadao Maou, by the way. I'm new here." He held his hand out for you to shake it. 

"I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you, and welcome. I hope you enjoy working here." You shake his hand. 

"Y/N! I'll take over the fryer, okay?" Chi yelled. She didn't like the physical contact with Maou and you, but she knew she could trust you. 

"Okay, I'll get the register. Just don't drop any on the floor." You giggled a little when saying the last part, then you walked over to the register. 

Maou also worked at a register at this time, so you and him made small talk inbetween orders. 

Then a familiar fuchsia haired female walked in. She glared daggers at Maou, much to your surprise, then walked over to you to order. 

"Hey Emi! How are you doing today? Will you be having the usual today?" You smiled at her, feeling a little out of place. 

"I'm fine, thanks for asking, and I'll just take a small fry and a Sprite to go." She said, while side glancing Maou. She took out her wallet and handed you a 10 before you could even tell her the amount. 

'Uh... alright then. Weird.' 

After giving her the order, she left, and you turned to Maou once the doors closed. 

"What was that all about? Is she your ex or something?" You asked. You could already hear Chi grunt a little in the background. 

"No, not at all. But we do have history together and we don't really like each other much at all." He smiled sheepishly. 

"I see..." You trailed off, and the both of you went back for your lunch break. 

"Hey, Y/N, wanna come over for dinner tonight? My roommate is making me invite people from work to hopefully give me some friends. He's such a mom." Maou suddenly said. 

"Oh, sure. Is it alright if I invite Chi as well?" You didn't want Chi upset with you or jealous over something between you and Maou that is nonexistent. 

"I already invited her, no worries." You internally had a sigh of relief. 

~Time skip to dinner~ 

The three of you walked to The Devil's Castle, Maou dragging his bike alongside. All three of you talked together, telling Maou funny stories of working at MgRonalds and from school. Not long after, you all arrived.