03

Kirishima walked groggily into his classroom the next morning.
"Good morning Kirishima!" Midoriya Said.
Kirishima shifted his tired eyes towards the green haired boy and simply smiled.
"Kirishima doesn't look so good." Midoriya whispered to Iida. Midoriya stood by Iida's desk and watched Kirishima take a seat.
"Kirishima and Bakugou were recently in a battle with a strong villain. Perhaps he is worn out from that." Iida replied. Soon Aizawa walked into the classroom. "Please take your seats," he started, "I have an important announcement to make about one of your classmates." Midoriya and the other students made their way to their assigned seats.

"As you can see Bakugou isn't here today. One of you is already aware of the situation." Kirishima twitched in his seat and looks down at his desk. "Bakugou lost his hearing during that battle. Because his quirk is an explosive one, the constant explosions caused his hearing to slowly decay." There were quiet whispers being shared around the classroom.

"Who knows?"
"It's Kirishima."
"Yeah Kirishima was with him."
"God, that horrible."
"That's so sad."
"Poor Bakugou."

"Quiet down!" Aizawa yelled. "Bakugou is currently taking a sign language class and will be out for two weeks. They are developing hearing aids for him soon. When he returns please welcome him back warmly."

Kirishima kept his head down at his desk.

Through out the day, Kirishima didn't talk to many people. He was worried about Bakugou. But during lunch, Kirishima stayed in the classroom and tried to get a small power nap in.
"Maybe I should have slept instead of waited for Bakugou to text me.
No. I'm glad I was awake then." He began to drift off but something caught his ear.
A conversation being held out the door of his classroom by a couple of boys that were not in class a.

"You hear about that Bakugou kid?"

"Dude he's an asshole."

"I heard he got into a fight with a villain and lost his hearing."

"Haha! That's crazy! Now we won't hear his screaming in our classroom anymore!

"You're right, besides, he was never going to become a hero with the way he acted. Now he really can't become a hero."

"I almost feel bad for him."

"In a way, he kinda deserves this."

"Have you seen the way he acts towards his friends? Classmates? Just ask Midoriya! Of course he deserves this."

"He doesn't have friends dude."

"Ah jeez you're right, no hearing or friends? This dude is a lost cause."

Kirishima lifted his head.
"He doesn't...deserve this." He said quietly.

"What did you say?"

Kirishima slams his hands on his desk.
"HE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!"
Unable to look at the guys that spoke about Bakugou that way, he kept his head down and looking at the wood patterns in his desk.
"NO ONE DESERVES WHAT BAKUGOU GOT!! EVEN THOUGH HE CAN BE LOUD AND RUDE SOMETIMES...IT DOESN'T MEAN HE DESERVES TO LOSE HIS HEARING LIKE THIS!!"
He gathers up his courage and in the heat of the moment turned and screamed at the boys.
"AND HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE TALKED ABOUT LIKE THIS!! NOT BY PEOPLE WHO ARE BELOW SOMEONE LIKE BAKUGOU!!"