Chapter 3

To prepare for the journey to the east, Son Oh Gong and his companions rendezvous at Seungah's temple. Secretary Ma and General Frost decided to join in. He made Sa Oh Jeong and Jeo Pal Gye stay at home to keep an eye on things, who knows who might show up and cause ruckus at their house. My precious bathroom.

Son Oh Gong looked around. Maybe because she's the deity of the moon, her temple, which was at the peak of a mountain, and the small vicinity around it, is gloomy, somehow dark. Even though he knew it's morning, it's like it's---

"Night,"

Son Oh Gong turned to who spoke his thoughts aloud and found Mijin.

Aghast, he asked. "You can read minds!? Please, tell me no."

Mijin actually chuckled, which startled Son Oh Gong. Oh. She can laugh. "I can't read minds. Your expressions gave you away. I take it, you don't like it here?"

He nodded and scanned the place. "This place... is too dim for me. I was born from a volcano, you know. I like warmth and light. It's a bother to not see anything clearly."

She nodded with understanding. "I see."

"You? You like it here?"

"Somehow, no. I live in the village at the foot of this mountain. The gloom doesn't reach there. Guarding the village is my duty. Although I come up here once in a while to check on Seungah,"

He eyed Mijin. She looked old and young at the same time. Her looks aren't so bad, too. She has a fair face, sleek black hair and always wears black. For a girl who does not like the dark, she always wears black.

"What?" Mijin asked as she found him staring.

"It's just that you always wore black. I thought you didn't like the dark?"

She looked down her clothes. "I haven't really paid attention to my clothing. Black is practical though. Good for spying and tailing someone."

Son Oh Gong agreed.

"Hello, everyone," Seungah spoke as she entered her throne room, where they were gathered. "Thank you for deciding to aid my subjects in this mission. I wish we could do this by ourselves, however," she glanced to Chul Sun. "One of my beloved lost her powers to a demon. Aside from that, I have sent for other of my subjects to locate Deity of the Sun and somehow not one has come back."

Son Oh Gong was surprised to hear that. I didn't know she sent more for Deity of the Sun. He looked to Chul Sun and Seo Mijin and found they were surprised as well. Seungah must be really desperate to find Deity of the Sun.

"Please find Deity of the Sun as soon as possible," Seungah's face was distraught and pleading. "I cannot handle the solar eclipse alone."

"Don't worry, Seungah. We'll find him with all we can," Mawang comforted her, which made her smile a little.

"Also," again, Seungah turned to Chul Sun. "Chul Sun, you are to stay in the temple while the others start their journey."

Everyone turned to each other. Son Oh Gong thought, Oh. Chul Sun's not coming.

Chul Sun spoke. "Please, Seungah. I want to come with. I know the path to Deity of the Sun's temple the best."

"That's the thing. They won't be heading there,"

Everyone fell silent.

"So you found where Deity of the Sun is?" Mawang asked.

"No," Seungah answered. "I haven't confirmed it yet. Like I said, I sent some of my subjects to find him but they haven't come back."

"Where is he then?" Son Oh Gong asked, impatient.

"Go Je, the Wind Following Ear, told me that he heard Deity of the Sun was heading to Pipa Cave at Venom Mountain,"

"Hyungnim, if it's that cave then it means Deity of the Sun..." General Frost whispered.

"Yeah," Son Oh Gong replied glumly. "She has him."