Chapter 9

Son Oh Gong looked back as they were hiking.

He can see the Heaven Reaching River Village few miles away. It was shining brightly tonight and faint sounds of cheer and glee can be heard.

"You did it," Mijin suddenly spoke beside him. "You saved them."

He shook his head and chuckled lightly. "I didn't save them."

Son Oh Gong turned to her. She has this ghost of a smile on her face.

"You must have done it for the person you're looking for," she said.

Son Oh Gong was surprised but then nodded. "So Mawang ratted to you about me, huh? What a loose-lipped cow."

Mijin only laughed. "I'm sure she's proud of you."

He could only look up to the same sky Jin Seonmi must be looking up now and whispered, "Yeah."

When Son Oh Gong's eyes return to Seo Mijin, she had this sad and confused expression on her face. "Hey, what is it?"

But then that expression disappeared when she smiled a little. "Nothing."

With that, she walked away and joined the others.

What's with her?

Even when they were invited to stay for the night by the villagers they helped, they declined. They decided to let the villagers savor the return of their children. They figured they'd only be a bother.

At that, they set up camp after following Mawang. He's been here before and knows a bit about the place.

"I believe that this is a way to her cave," Mawang said as he led them to a clear area. "Although, we have to be careful in treading this path. She's nasty and makes traps as a hobby. Especially now that we're uninvited. I just hope no underling of her has spotted us yet."

"Don't worry, Mawang-nim," Secretary Ma reassured. "Mijin-ssi and I have fully erased our traces."

Mijin nodded. "Yes. And the shield I put around us is still up. No one will catch a sniff of our scents and energies."

What she said made Son Oh Gong wonder. Just how strong is this woman. A shield, huh. Now that's a different class right there.

As they were resting around the bonfire Secretary Ma made, it suddenly dawned on Son Oh Gong that tomorrow is the day of the eclipse.

Tomorrow, they will face her.

He shuddered at the thought of meeting her again. Last time Son Oh Gong met her, she was hell-bent on marrying him.

And Son Oh Gong almost killed her.

Thankfully, her sister appeared and hid her to Venom Mountain.

"I will have to scout and trace Pipa Cave, where Deity of the Sun is kept in. Will you be alright?" Seo Mijin asked.

"Don't worry. I can keep the shield up until you come back," Mawang answered.

"I will come with," Son Oh Gong said.

"You don't have to---" Seo Mijin was cut off by Son Oh Gong.

"Enough. I'm too bored. I need to take a walk," He stood up. "Mawang, see ya."

Mawang only nodded.

Son Oh Gong and Seo Mijin are fews ways from the others.

They were silent as they walk around for traces of Deity of the Sun. Until Mijin asked Son Oh Gong.