Chapter 8

Son Oh Gong has been walking along pathways with Ilwoo but he hasn't encountered another kid. "Where are the others?"

Ilwoo answered, "If it's not our schedule to serve Taesoo, we are ordered to stay in our rooms. I haven't even talked with the other kids ever since I came here." He paused shortly. "You are the first person I've ever talked to in 5 years."

Son Oh Gong's face darkened. Good thing, Ilwoo was walking ahead of him. "And what exactly do you do when you serve Taesoo?"

The kid seemed to have a hard time answering. When Son Oh Gong was about to tell him that he didn't need to answer, Ilwoo spoke, "Sometimes he takes my blood and other times, he takes a tiny bit of my life energy." Ilwoo continued, "and even few other times, he just wants to torture me. Spanking, strangling, fighting with other kids..." In a low voice, Ilwoo said, "He is a monster, a demon, like you said."

Son Oh Hong pretended not to hear. "What? I can't hear you."

Finally, in a firmer voice, Ilwoo repeated, "He is a monster, a demon. And he needs to die."

Son Oh Gong nodded. "That's it."

"This is the last turn," Ilwoo informed.

As they enter that hallway, one can obviously observe that this was the hallway to "the king". It was way wider than the other hallways and had a red carpet leading to a huge double door.

"Are there no guards here?" Son Oh Gong asked. If this Taesoo highly regards himself so much, he must fill this place with guards.

"He didn't need to," Ilwoo answered. "We're just helpless, depressed, malnourished kids. We don't have the courage and the strength to fight against him. Having guards are a waste."

Som Oh Gong grinned evilly. Big mistake, Taesoo.

Once they reached the doors, he read the ancient marking above it: King Tae Soo.

Conceited demon bastard. Son Oh Gong thought. Just you wait until you turn to dust, you pig.

He suddenly realized what he thought. Ah, sorry, Pal Gye. Didn't mean it.

Ilwoo was about to knock when Son Oh Gong stopped his arm. The kid turned to him. He shook his head to the kid and gestured to him to gather the children near his room.

Ilwoo immediately understood and proceeded to do what Son Oh Gong said.

When the kid was gone, Son Oh Gong cracked his neck and fingers. Time to shed some blood in this place.

With his powers, Son Oh Gong slammed the door open, startling the demon inside it.

He saw a middle-aged man in white robes wearing a cheap-looking gold crown, sitting on the throne.

Son Oh Gong approached him.

"Hey! Who are you? How did you enter my realm?" Taesoo asked.

Son Oh Gong decided to play with the demon. When he was near enough, he bowed to Taesoo.

Taesoo seemed to relax by his action. "Oh, did Junghwa send you?"

Conceited and stupid. What a bad combination.

Son Oh Gong straightened his body and nodded, nonchalantly.

"Why were you sent? Is the quarterly offering ready??" Taesoo asked excitedly.

Again, Son Oh Gong nodded.

Taesoo clapped in glee. "I love it when the villagers revere me! I feel so very alive to the point that I don't consume kids for a month!"