Part 6

Six

In the morning, I was so out of it that I even missed the sun rising and shining on my face. I was awoken by someone bouncing onto my bed beside me. "Wake-y wake-y there's eggs and bake-e." Nathan's voice sang right next to me.

I opened my eyes to see him laying comfortably on his side. He was smiling so brightly at me. I was on my stomach with both my hands under my pillow and under my head.

I looked up and Marek was shaking his head at Nathan while he leaned over and gently blew out the candle. "I said wake her gently. Not annoy her." He said chuckling as he wrapped the candle with the cloth and took it off the candle holder. He placed the candle in my desk.

I slowly and carefully rose up rubbing the sleep from my eyes frowning. "But that's Nathan's. I need to give it back."

Both guys chuckled. "Nope my beauty. It's whoever used it. I can easily have it replaced. I bet when we get back to the room after dinner, a new one will be on my desk in a white cloth. The school provides for a lot of our supplies." Nathan said smiling as he laid lazily on the bed.

Marek came over and pulled me off my bed. "You should get up before you miss breakfast. There's only an hour left with it being served." He stepped back smiling. "We'll leave you to get showered and dressed. We'll met you down stairs in the great hall." He pulled Nathan off my bed. Nathan was pouting but left with a wink. I shook my head at them and went into the bathroom.

It only took me twenty minutes to shower and dress. I'm not much of a girl being able to get ready that quickly. I tried to put something on that was a little stylish with a printed t-shirt I had and a pair of boot cut jeans with my ballet sketchers. My hair was in a ponytail still wet.

I strolled down the hallway with my knit sleeveless sweater-vest on. I had my high waist belt on. The belt had been on sale and I always liked the look. The knee length tails of my vest swaying back and forth as I walked. I may not have jewelry, but I still felt pretty.

I got into the great hall and I noticed several people glancing up at me. Even Marek, Nathan, Franklin, and Danielle. They all looked down the aisle as I made my way to their section of the table.

Marek stood up smiling. "You look very mystical in that outfit. Very modern magic." He tilted his head to the side. "But something is missing." He turned to everyone. "I think she needs a pentagram to complete the look."

"I agree." Danielle said smiling too.

"Wait. Isn't a pentagram like the sign of satan?" Franklin asked with a furled brow.

Many people around our group stopped talking to stare blankly at him. Franklin shrank back a little. I decided he needed a little lesson on miss understood symbols. There are too many people out there that don't know what is real and what is propaganda designed to deceive.

"Actually Franklin, the pentagram is a symbol of protection in the pagan religion. It wasn't until the christians wanted to convert people that the thought that it was evil started. Christians made people believe that if they stayed pagan, then they would never get into heaven. The thought that pagans are evil is just propaganda perpetrated by christians using any tactic to convert people to their beliefs."

Marek beamed as he helped me into my seat. "Very well put. Have you been reading your history text book?"

I shook my head. "No. I studied Wicca a few years ago. I was curious and wanted to know." I looked at him and bit my lower lip. "Is that really in the textbook?"

He nodded. "Among other things. I think you already have a leg up on some people already."

I smiled as I looked at the plate in front of me. A small sheet of paper was in front of me. It had a list of main breakfast things. Like how I want my eggs. If I want french toast or waffles. I could order an omelet. Whatever they need to make for me. Even special requests.