Part 13

Thirteen

~~~~~Franklin's Point of View~~~~~

I got into my room closing the door. What the hell was going through my head with Hope? I was just about to kiss her. I was about to do the one thing I told myself I would never do. God! This was Hope, Derek's older sister. My BEST friend's sister.

I groaned as I thudded my forehead on the door. Sure I've had a crush on her for years, but she was never to know. Derek would kill me if he ever knew that I had feelings for his sister. Feelings like these.

I sighed before I pushed off the door and got ready for bed. I was grateful for the fact that I didn't have a roommate. That meant I didn't have to worry about explaining why I was moping a bit. Why it looks like I was depressed a little.

Thank heavens that Hope wasn't going to be attending classes tomorrow either because of the bug incident. I don't think I'll be able to manage to show my face to her. I know her enough to know she won't ask about what I was about to do, but the questioning look on her face would be torture.

I crawled into bed and hoped to heaven that I wouldn't dream of her again. She wasn't mine and couldn't be mine. She was Marek's. My dream of one day her being mine was so far away now. It wasn't close anyways. Not after how I've been treating her all these years with help from her brother.

I can take comfort in one thing. Here I don't have to be mean to her to keep Derek as my friend. I get to be how I want with her. One very good thing about coming to this school that my parents were so happy to send me too with my grandparent's help. They are paying for my admission.

I laid there in my bed just wishing for my dreams to take me away from my worries. I lifted my arms up and folded my hands under my head as I laid on my back. I just stared up at the stone ceiling letting my stupid move eat at me just a little more. Kicking myself mentally for being an idiot.

My eyes drifted close after a while and I drifted away from what a fool I had just been. My body relax and I finally got what I wanted. To be nothing at all. Not the fool. Not the bastard that tortures the one I want. Not the almost fake best friend. I was just me and no other.

~~~~~Hope's Point of View~~~~~

I felt something tickling my nose. I groaned as I pulled my sheets over my head. I heard chuckling. But it was from more than one person. I slowly opened my eyes and pulled the sheets down to peek over them.

Marek sat next to me on my bed grinning. "Morning sleeping beauty." He reached up and tugged my sheets down. "Time for breakfast. Then you can go back to sleep if you want."

"I'll see you guys later. It was nice stay here without a snoring roommate." Zera smiled sweetly and waved goodbye as she left the room.

Marek moved closer to me and looked at me. "How you feeling this morning?"

"Still tired." And with that I had to yawn.

Marek chuckled lightly as he helped me sit up. "You know... I think your yawns are cute. The way your nose wrinkles a little and the way your hand covers your mouth."

I giggled. "You're just saying that."

He shook his head as he brought over a tray with some food. "I never say anything that I don't mean."

I bit my lip and I looked at the tray. There was oatmeal, milk, orange juice, and fruit. The oatmeal had light brown sugar on top of it that was slightly melted so the color was darker. I took the glass of milk and poured some over the oatmeal as I always did.

I started eating and looked up to see Marek sitting at my desk looking at a piece of paper. "What are you reading?"

He grinned over to me. "You're schedule. I got it out of your mailbox for you with more letters. I was curious to what classes you were put in this year." He pulled my desk chair over next to the bed and sat down. He started to tell me which classes I had.