The Sign of Three- Euriarty

Jim woke up slowly, not wanting to wake up yet. Everything felt so comfortable. He didn't open his eyes, hoping that he would fall asleep again.

"Oh my God!"

Jim sat bolt upright. He realized that Eurus wasn't asleep next to him anymore, and that she had shouted from the bathroom.

"Eurus, are you okay?" Jim asked, nervous for her.

"Can you come in here?" Eurus asked, sounding scared.

"Is there a huge spider in there with you or something?" Jim asked, pulling himself out from underneath the covers and walking toward the bathroom.

"No," Eurus answered, her voice shaking.

"Is someone in there with you?" Jim asked, making his way toward the door.

"Just me," Eurus answered.

Jim tried the handle to find that it was unlocked. He let himself in.

Eurus was sitting on the ground near the toilet, her legs pulled close to her. She was staring at a small, white object on the floor, her eyes filling with tears.

"Please tell me I'm reading it wrong," Eurus whispered.

Jim sat down beside her and put an arm around her shoulders. She fell into his shoulder.

Jim looked down at the object. It was unmistakably a pregnancy test. Jim didn't know a lot about pregnancy tests, but he did now that it showed one vertical line when you weren't pregnant and two when you were. The pregnancy test clearly showed two lines.

"Oh my God," Jim whispered in shock.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," Eurus cried.

"What we're going to do," Jim corrected.

"You're... going to stay?" Eurus asked, looking up at him.

"Of course," Jim answered. "I love you."

Eurus looked like she was melting.

"I love you too," she replied. "Oh my God," she said. "We found out I'm pregnant before we said we love each other."

"I thought it was an understood thing," Jim said, confused at Eurus's suddenly teary behavior.

"I need to be so much more responsible," Eurus realized.

"You think you need to be more responsible?" Jim laughed. "Look at me! I'm a homicidal psychopath!"

"I drowned someone when I was a kid," Eurus lamented.

"Me too," Jim said. "Eurus, listen to me."

Eurus looked up at him.

"You're going to be fine," Jim assured her, rubbing her shoulder.

"Are you sure?" Eurus asked.

"I'm sure," Jim said. "I'll be with you the whole time."

"We are not naming it James junior," Eurus laughed.

"We could name it Jim," Jim joked. "Then there would be uncle Jim, daddy Jim, and just Jim."

"Because it's not confusing enough already," Eurus laughed.

"Do you think we're too old for this?" Jim asked.

"I don't know," Eurus said. "But we aren't putting it up for adoption."

"Should we let my brother know?" Jim asked.

"That's one person coming to the baby shower," Eurus laughed. "But honestly, Jim, that's your choice."

Jim nodded. He squeezed Eurus tighter, putting his head over hers.

"I really love you," Eurus confessed, leaning into him.

"Love you too," Jim replied.

"You won't be bored now," Eurus laughed. "I'm going to be so damn angsty you're going to regret staying here."

Jim laughed with her.

"Do you want to stop sitting on the bathroom floor?" Jim asked. "I could get you breakfast from downstairs."

"I'm not that pregnant," Eurus laughed, moving to stand up.

Jim took her hand.

"We'll be fine," Jim assured her.
They stood up together, Jim still holding onto her arm.

"I'm craving a cinnamon roll right now," Eurus said. "Or maybe tacos."

"Let's just relax for a while," Jim suggested.

"I'm going to be sleeping a lot," Eurus laughed. "Mostly on you. On the couch. Watching tv."

"There's nowhere I'd rather be," Jim said honestly.

"Me asleep on top of you?" Eurus asked skeptically.

"Yeah," Jim replied.

"Good, because I wouldn't care either way," Eurus laughed.

Jim laughed with her. He couldn't help but feel amazing with her with him. He knew they would be able to face this together.