(AU!) We Remain

This is some sort of apocalyptic (AU!) where you two both struggle to stay alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the ways that you think you know me

     You and your boyfriend, Jojo, have been walking through a destroyed forest. Ever since the huge explosion caused by a solar power plant that spears all over the globe life hasn't been great. You are still the sweet and innocent person he fell in love with before every went downhill but, you have changed and yet kept it from him. He still thinks that you're okay.

All the limits that you figured out, limits that you figured out

     You are trying to find some food and wandered away until you found a bag of chips in well condition. You return to him in such a happy way it made his heart jump in joy. When you opened up the bag disappointment covers your face like a tsunami. Instead of chips there was a burnt pile of ash inside. That look had sent him a red flag. "I'm gonna go for a walk." You said. "Don't go far." He responded. You had walked until he couldn't see you and you start crying. After the explosion you are afraid, and depressed. You keep thinking that you won't survive this but, little did you know he followed you. As soon as a presence is besides and hugs you, you know who it is. "So you know how I am now?" You asked. "Yes, it was hard to see but, your look over the chips sent a warning through me. I might know what the limits are with you." He said.

Had to learn to keep it all below me
Just to keep from being thrown around, just to keep from being thrown around

    You said nothing as he continues to hug you. "Why did you hide it from me?" Jojo asked. You stay silent until you mumble "Because I don't want to be thrown away from you when you saw me like this. I learned to hide it from you."

Yeah every single time the wind blows
Every single time the wind blows
I see it in your face (Mmm)

     "Don't hide something like this from me. I'm worried about your state physically, mentally and emotionally. Come on we need a place to camp." He said. You got up with him in and walked to find a place to camp. You study his face as the wind blows pushing his hair back. A look of determination is present through out his features.

In a cold night
There will be no fair fight

       You two soon find a small clearing and decided it was safe. You set up the tent and he cooks up some dead possum found earlier in the day. As you both eat the sun sets creating a cold night for you both to fight against. It's never easy battling these cold nights.

There will be no good night
To turn and walk away

       It's hard for you. You wish it's a good night to walk away from this reality that's your life. Deep down you know it can't be easy.

To burn me with fire,
Drown me with rain

      It's dark and you're the only one walking in the dark world. A fire starts up and heads to you in a raging fury. You start running away but, the fire catches you in a glass tube and burns you. Thunder is heard and rain starts pouring. The rain puts the fire but, starts to build up. You try clawing out but you drowned in the process.

I'm gonna wake up
Screaming your name

You shot up from your sleeping bag and scream. "JOJO!"

"It's okay, I'm right here. It's okay." He reassures you.

Yes I'm a sinner
Yes I'm a saint

      "Hey," he said holding your chin upright. "It's going to be okay. We may be a saints while the people who caused this are sinners but, we'll make it through. Know why?"

       "Why?"

Whatever happens here
We remain

     "Because whatever happens to us we remain with each other. Never forget that."

"Okay. Night."

The next morning you both decided to spend the day to rest because you both deserve it.

Now we talk about a wasted future
But we take a good look around

"You know what could've happened if the world didn't went to h***?" Jojo asked.

       "What?"

        "We could've gone to college, get our dream jobs, have a beautiful wedding, and have a family."

You both look around at the destroyed scenery. It must have been part of the same forest you two walked through yesterday because you can see burned spots where the trees must've once stood.

Yeah we take a good look around

     With further inspection you find skeletons of various animals and birds burned in the ground like pressing your finger print on Play-Doh.

Yeah we know it, it hasn't been for nothing
'Cause we'll never let it slow us down
No we'll never let it slow us down
(Oh yeah)

     Jojo comes up to you and places a hand on your shoulder. "Hey, it's not for nothing. We have to keep going or this set back will slow us down." He said. After you pulled yourself together you both head north.

Yeah every single time the wind blows
Every single time the wind blows
I see it in your face (Mmm)

The wind pushes your hair back to reveal a mixed look of fear and bravery. You look into the horizon with hope alive in your heart. You know now...

In a cold night
There will be no fair fight
There will be no good night
To turn and walk away

...no matter what happens to you and Jojo...

So burn me with fire,
Drown me with rain
I'm gonna wake up
Screaming your name

...no matter how you die...

Yes I'm a sinner
Yes I'm a saint

...whether you sin or not...

Whatever happens here
We remain

...you will be here...

Said we remain, we remain

...you will remain on the earth...

Burn me with fire
Drown me with rain
I'm gonna wake up
Screaming your name

Yes I'm a sinner
Yes I'm a saint
Whatever happens here
We remain

...for how long it takes.