IX- I'm Dreaming of Xavier

Kaia's POV

Pressing against my front door I felt Super join me and lie down. I turned my head to look at her and she titled her cute little head.

"Mamas Baby!" I scooped her up and put her in my lap. Yes, I was one of those crazy dog owners who thinks their dog is a real person.

"Let's go take a walk, some fresh air will be nice." My tone was promising hoping to brighten my own dull mood. She barked in reply and followed me to her leash.

Super and I walked downstairs to the main exit and greeted the landlord. "Hey Roger. How are you?"

"Eh it could be worse."

He shrugged and continued reading the paper.

"Well then."  We walked outside me and my girl side to side, when a sudden memory flooded my head.

Flashback 9 years ago

Dad, Super and I were going to the park. He said I need to train her so mom would let me keep her.

"Do you think she'll be trained by today?" I looked at him hoping his answer would be yes.

"If you try your best Sweetness, she just might."He smiled at me. We had the same brown eyes and black hair.

When we reached the park Super barked at the sight of other dogs waiting to be released.

"Now, it your job to take her around the park and meet the other dogs. Make sure she's comfortable okay?" He bent down to my level and rubbed my shoulder.

"Okay. I can do that." I brushed it off and began our walk.

"Just me and my girl." I began to strut as if I was a model and the park was my runway.

I caught the attention of some people passing by and a few laughs. I had finally had a friend at home.

My parents never did have another kid besides me. I wanted a sibling someone to have fun with and talk to at home. I had Super now. All thanks to Dad.

End of Flashback

I began to feel the tears in my eyes build up as I sat on the same bench my father watched me on that day. Why did he leave. I understand he hated my mother, but why me? I was so innocent and young and he left me.

He knew how terrible my mother treated me. Did he not care? Was I not important? The thoughts filled my head until I couldn't control my emotions. I broke down, tears spewing from my eyes at the sound of my sobs.

I felt Supers head rest on my thigh. She stood as tall as she could and licked always my tears. I chuckled, that was a habit of hers for a long time now. She was the only living thing I had left of my father.

After their divorce my mother burned any clothing and pictures that had relation to my father. He was a stranger now. She had taken away so much from me. Anger and resentment built in my stomach making me ball my fist.

What type of terrible person would do that to her only child. I made a promise with myself they day she began to hit me.

"I will be the mother that I always longed for."