XXII- Take A Look at Yourselves

Xavier's POV

I had my arms wrapped around Kaia and held her as if she was a trophy. I always held on to her so tight when we slept. Monday. The day we both been dreading.

I really felt like never going back but damn I wanted that diploma. So... I continued going even if it hurt.

Her small body started to wake as she squirmed in my grasp. I ran my hand through her curls and her eyes fluttered open. The lovely brown that almost appeared black were now visible.

"Good morning." She cooed to me.

I smiled and held her to my chest. Why'd we have to wake up. Couldn't this wonderful break that I spent with her last a little while longer. I hated sharing her. And never wanted to be with out her company.

I was a really indecisive guy but one thing I knew I wanted was Kai, and maybe even Super.

She wiggled out of my grasp and went on getting ready. I went downstairs to get something to eat. Super and I sat on the couch waiting for her mommy.

20 minutes later

Kai beamed downstairs in my grandfather's jacket that seemed very oversized on her. It was an army green and he let me have while I raided his closet.

I admired how well it suited her. How the two people I loved the most could both appreciate that jacket.

She kissed me and sat on the bar stool.

"Ya gonna go shower? We gotta leave in 30. And lord only know how long it takes you to put yourself together." She rolled her eyes and took a bite of my toast.

"Your wearing my grandfathers jacket." I smiled and her expression faded.

"Xavier I'm so sorry I just assumed it was yours and I-" I placed my index finger over her lips.

"Wear it. It suits you. I'm gonna got get ready." Her face still in shock as I went upstairs.

40 minutes later

"Yo! Get ya ass down here! We're so late!" I heard her voice from downstairs as I sprayed my cologne.

We're only ten minutes late she asks like the bell was about to ring or something.

I casually walked downstairs picked a set of keys and led us through the door.

"Don't you need your bag idiot boy!?" She questioned as we got in my car.

"Ion need it." I said plainly as I reversed out of the garage.

Kaia's POV

Xavier pulled into his usually spot and I immediately reached the door handle, trying to make up for our lateness.

He placed his hand on my thigh and I froze.

"I'm gonna be here for you all day. If you feel in anyway uncomfortable I want you to find me and we'll go home." He gave me an Xavier smile. That gave me the little ounce of courage I was hoping for.