Chapter Fifty Four

"It's better to end something and start another than to imprison yourself in hoping for the impossible." ~Unknown

Lyla's Point Of View

"Keep running!" Taehyung shouted as the feet of the men thundered behind us.

I panted as we ran, terrified and exhausted. Apparently I was electrocuted, and I'm really tired.

Quite clearly, I was falling behind.

12

That was, until Taehyung picked me up.

"We're gonna make it." He gasped out as he ran.

Jin's Point Of View

"Jungkook, just relax. Your wound is covered and we're going to get you to a hospital." I stroked the bunny's fur as we walked through many hallways.

I looked over at Namjoon carrying Jimin on his shoulders. Sweat was dripping down his forehead, but he had his jaw set and determination shone in his eyes. I smiled at him, admiring how strong he has been these last couple of days.

He's incredible

Footsteps pounded the floor from a hallway or two away from us

We all stopped walking and turned around, anticipation eating away our previous thoughts.

Then Taehyung carrying Lyla and Dylan turned the corner and sprinted towards us, fear in their eyes.

"Run! Just run!" Dylan screamed, bullets being sounded off behind them.

"Hold sh-" I began to run, the others doing the same.

I clutched Jungkook tightly to myself.

"Ready Old Man?" Taehyung yelled from behind me just as I was going to turn right.

Oh God.

What are they planning?

Taehyung's Point Of View

"Dylan, take Lyla!" I called over to him as we joined the others' group.

11

I dragged Suga to the back of the group. He glanced at the wall we were nearing and glanced back over at me.

I nodded and smiled.

"Ready Old Man?" I shouted.

"You bet it Kid." Suga yelled back.

The others in front of us had already turned the corner and we ran right towards the wall.

10

Simultaneously, Suga and I did a black flip off the wall and landed amongst the men chasing us.

And then we began.

Breaking their bones, their guns, their necks.

I stood up from a guy and stared down another who had his gun aimed at me.

Dodging the fired bullet, I used the wall to my advantage and propelled myself over him and on top of him.

He was finished in a second.

I heard something drop behind me, and I assumed it was Suga finishing another one.

That was until I heard Lyla's scream.

9

Lyla's Point Of View

"Dylan!" I screamed and ran towards him, my eyes trying to process everything.