Chapter Fifty Five

"Life went on.
But it was
Never the
Same
Again." ~Unknown

Lyla's Point Of View

"Food is ready boys!" I shouted from the kitchen, setting the last bowl on the table.

I immediately heard footsteps pound on the floor as I stood beside Jin proudly, watching with a smile.

"Soup!" Taehyung shouted as he jumped into his chair.

"Smells good!" Namjoon smiled and sat beside Jungkook who had already grabbed two bread rolls.

"Ugh, water?" Suga eyed his glass.

"Yes Suga." I crossed my arms and smiled. "Water."

He teasingly glared at me as he took a sip of it.

I sat down beside Hobi and smiled at everyone.

"Let's say Grace." I took Hobi's and Jimin's hand into my own.

My mind drifted back to three months ago, the warehouse, the guns, my father.

The government saving us, giving us protections and a home, all of it.

"Amen." Jimin squezing my hand brought me back to reality.

I made eye contact with him and his worried eyes. I smiled once more and grabbed my spoon.

"It's potato soup, your guys' favorite." I took a bite of it.

"Yeah it is!"

I looked up and I saw Taehyung shoveling spoonfuls of the soup into his mouth, making quite a mess.

"Slow down Silly." I smiled and took a slice of apple.

"Yeah," Jin jumped in, slightly angry. "Or else I'm gonna throw an apple at you!"

I sighed as Taehyung sat up straighter.

"Oh yeah?" Taehyung challenged, fire also in his eyes. "I dare you."

In one swift move, Jin scooped up an apple slice and threw it at Taehyung. Except, Taehyung caught the apple and just as fast, threw it back at Jin, succeeding in hitting him as well.

"You little brat!" Jin stood up.

Seriously? We can't even eat together without fighting? I rubbed my temples.

"Come on Feather Head!" Taehyung shot up as well. "If you would've gotten your head out of your butt you would've caught it!"

"Youre just a dumbass, you Feline bast-" Jin yelled, but I cut him off.

"Knock it off!" I slammed my hand on the table, causing everyone to snap their heads towards me. "Can't we just have a lunch without you guys fighting?!" I shouted, my voice cracking with anger. "You guys can't keep doing this! We are a family and I don't need you two to break us apart!"

Taehyung and Jin sat down slowly, shame on their faces. Jungkook set down his glass of water and waiting for me to continue.

Tears welled in my eyes. "I already lost a member of my family and I don't want to lose any of you." I stood up and dropped my napkin on the table. "Excuse me." My voice cracked and I began to walk to my room.

Dylan why did you have to leave?

It's so hard without you. The boys are falling apart. They're having panic attacks and flashbacks. They have short tempers. It's so hard.

I closed the door behind me and sat on the floor, pulling my knees to my chest.

"I remember tears streaming down your face, when I said I'll never let you go." I rocked back and forth slightly as I cried quietly. "When all those shadows almost killed your light."