Crickets

S1E5

A/N just a quick fluff short to start this book out. It's been a hot minute since I've written really any fanfiction, but I'm re watching the series and found some inspiration

Archie walked over to the bedroom window to close it. The evening was growing colder and the breeze was starting to become too much for him.

"Have you ever noticed there are no crickets here?" Archie asked, "In Storybrook. I've never really thought about it before, but I've never heard a single one."

"Where did that come from, dearie?" Gold asked looking up from his book that he had been reading by the light of the bedside table.

Archie hadn't closed the window yet. Instead he just continued to stare out it, into his backyard. "A patient mentioned it to me today."

Gold closed his book and took his readers off, placing them on the side table, "Henry." It wasn't a question.

Archie looked back over to him, "You know I can't say."

Gold slipped out of bed and made is way over to the window next to Archie. "I have noticed. In facts, I have been noticing quite a few things lately."

Archie looked at him a bit confused before turning back to the window, "What does that mean?"

Gold only shrugged in response, looking out the window along with the other man.

They sat in silence for a while, listening, before Gold patted Archie on the back, "I think we should be getting to bed dear.