Jaemin tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as he waited for Jeno to exit the cat shelter where he worked on weekends. Even though Jeno was allergic, he still loved to take care of them. Jaemin thought the way his boyfriend treated the felines like his own children was adorable, even though he had to deal with Jeno sneezing all the time. Jeno was so selfless, Jaemin truly didn't deserve him.

Lost in his own thoughts, Jaemin didn't notice the two figures approaching his car. He jumped at the sound of someone knocking on the window and looked over to see Jeno smiling widely at him, another boy standing next to him. Renjun. Startled, Jaemin quickly rolled down the window.

"Hey!" Jeno greeted his boyfriend. "Look who was visiting the shelter! This is Renjun, you know him, right? He just moved here from China, he's in some of our classes at school." Jeno explained.

Jaemin just nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

"Anyways," Jeno continued, "Renjun stopped by to inform us about a litter of stray kittens he saw in the park. Wasn't that sweet of him?"

Again, Jaemin just nodded.

Seeming not to notice his boyfriends lack of words and enthusiasm, Jeno plowed on. "So, I invited him to come with us! I figured he could use some friends, and I thought you wouldn't really mind, right? We can go get coffee together some other time. I was thinking the three of us could go to the movies or something. Are you cool with that?"

Jaemin forced himself to look at Renjun. The Chinese boy was shyly looking at the ground, not making eye contact. He looked back to his boyfriend. How could Jaemin say no to Jeno's beautiful eye smile?

Jaemin sighed. "That's fine."

Maybe this wasn't a bad idea after all. Jaemin needed to get over Renjun, and perhaps becoming friends with him was the best way to do that.