Let's play for it

"Girls can't play baseball!" Ham shouted. 

"Prove it!" MC retorted. "We're a team of baseball girls, so obviously something about that statement is incorrect." 

"Mckayla, what're you doing here?" Benny asked, astonished to see her. 

They were siblings. 

"Playing baseball since somebody wouldn't let me play with them." 

Benny stood silent. 

MC nodded in content and turned back to Ham. "Look, whoever you are, we have just as much right to play on this sandlot as you do, and if you want it, you're gonna have to play for it." 

"Fine." 

The two teams let their captains each step forward to come up with a deal for how they were going to play for it. 

"Alright, I have an idea, but neither team is gonna like it very much," Red said to him. 

"Lemme hear it," Benny replied. 

"Ok, both teams show up here every day for thirty days, and whoever has the most wins gets to use it for the rest of the summer, without interruption," the girl explained. 

"You were right; they're not gonna like it," Benny replied grimacing slightly. 

"Well, we best go break the news to them, yes?" Red asked. 

"Yeah, I guess so." 

They shook on it. 

As Red turned away, Benny called out to her. "Wait!" 

She turned back around. 

"What's your name?" he asked her. 

"Molly, but my friends call me Red." 

"Red, I like dat," he said. "I'm—" 

He was cut off by the redhead. "Benny Rodriguez, believe me, I know," she smiled at the corners of her lips. 

He smiled as she turned and walked back to her team.

A/N Hello lovelies! I finally figured out a good way to continue the story. Thank you for reading and I'll try to update as soon as I can but it probably will be a bit because I have soccer and basketball so I guess we'll see :)
-Mo