Boys batting

She raised her eyebrows as she grinned triumphantly. 

She had caught a ball, hit by the Benny Rodriguez. 

She threw it back to Hops, who stood on the pitchers mound with her mouth at her feet, much like everyone else, both teams alike. 

Benny caught her gaze as she stared her gloved hand. 

Her lips were slightly parted as she looked at the tanned boy's surprised face. 

He smiled lightly at her, breaking her out of her trance. 

She returned the smile and went back to her position. 

Yeah-Yeah was up to bat next. He hit a ground ball to Ace at shortstop. 

She gathered the ball in her glove and ripped it towards MC at first. 

Tie goes to the runner, and Yeah-Yeah was safe. 

Squints stepped up to the plate and called his shot, pointing at right field and staring at Speedy. 

She caught his eyes and smiled at him. 

He had a dreamy look in his eyes as Hops pitched it to him. He hit the ball right where he said it would, and Speedy sprinted towards it and caught it in her outstretched arm. 

He stared at her in awe and made his way back to the dugout, stumbling a bit. 

Timmy looked both directions before standing in the batters box and readying himself for the pitch. It was a curveball, and he hit it to Shorty at third, who quickly got it to Hops, who got it to MC who tagged him out. 

"That's three!" Hot Head called. 

The boys and girls switched sides, and the girls got ready to bat.