Sleepover Part 2

After leaving Red's house, the boys all went to their respective houses to change into pajamas. They all met back at the treehouse. Everyone made small talk with each other. Kenny, Ham, and Bertram were on the subject of who they liked. 

"Guys, it's obvious we all like one of the girls from Red's team, so let's all just admit it," Smalls said, as always being the logical one. "I for one like Lindsey," he added. 

"I like Anna," Ham said. Hardly any of the boys called the girls by their nickname, even though they knew what it was. 

"I like Lauren," Bertram said with a grin. 

"I like Mckayla, please don't kill me Benny," Timmy pleaded. 

"Don't hurt her," Benny told him. 

"I like Kate," Kenny said. 

"I like Annika," Yeah-Yeah swooned. 

"You're as bad as Squints when he liked Wendy," Ham said, earning laughs from everyone. 

"I like Amelie," Tommy said. 

"I like Cara," Squints said. 

"We all know you like Red, Benny. When you gonna ask her out?" Yeah-Yeah prodded. 

"I don't know, man. I don't even know if she feels the same way," Benny sighed. 

"You're so oblivious!" Squints exclaimed. 

"Yeah, yeah, she loves you!" 

There was silence. 

Outside, all of the girls were listening to them profess their crush. Every girl beamed when they heard their name. When Red heard Benny's nervousness, she felt her heart melt. 

"Guys, I've never felt this way about anyone. It's like baseball is second now. She's just so perfect." Red overheard Benny say. 

Red covered her mouth in shock as she heard those words. 

Her team looked at her and smiled at her priceless reaction. She had never heard anything like that about her before. 

That was when the girls decided to burst in. 

"Boo!" They all yelled. 

The guys all screamed while the girls laughed their asses off. 

"Y'all should've seen your faces! Priceless!" Red said, still bent over in laughter. 

The girls' laughs were contagious, as soon after, the boys cracked up as well. After, each girl went over to their crush and made small talk to get to know each other better. Now that the girls knew that their feelings were reciprocated, they were a lot more calm around them. Unbeknownst to them, the boys all about peed their pants when a girl approached them, except for Benny, of course. (What am I even saying 😂) 

Benny and Red sat in silence, watching their teams interact and flirt. 

"Benny," Red said quietly. 

"Yeah?" He answered, looking at the girl next to him. "Our teams get along, and it's obvious someone from your team has a crush on someone from my team, and it's even more obvious that the feelings are mutual. But, we said after 30 games, the loser would leave forever, but we can't do that to them, not now that we all get along," Red said, looking at the tanned boy next to her. "I think we should call it off and play together," she finished. 

"Yeah, how should we tell them," Benny agreed. 

"You and I can announce the truce together before the girls and I go back to my house," she replied. 

He nodded. 

They turned back to watching their teams. 

Red cautiously laid her head on Benny's shoulder. 

He flinched in surprise, but didn't move. 

Eventually, he worked up the courage to drape his arm over her shoulder. They sat like that, in silence, watching the interaction between their teams until someone yelled. 

"Guys, I have an idea!"

A/N Mwahahaha, cliffhanger! Next chapter will be out as soon as I write it. Thanks for reading and have a good day.
-Mo