Snappy (Umeji Kizuguchi)

please consider voting and commenting
requested, ty!
quiet reader overhears ayano blaming umeji for her bruises and she snaps at her
umeji rlly owns my heart rn like. it's loving umeji hours aw

"And.. and then all of a sudden he turned the corner and- and he.." A soft voice spoke from the infirmary. Small sniffles were heard. "He hit me over and over again with his weapon.. he tried to kill me, ma'am... He's a wild beast.. Kizuguchi assaulted me for fun.. he wanted to hurt me.. While all his gang members laughed.."

Y/N's pace slowed, lifting her head and peeking into the room silently. She saw a black haired girl whining to the nurse. She seemed to have believed her and quickly went to grab a bottle of medicine. But the story didn't add up.. Umeji didn't assault anyone, she was just with him a moment ago. He was all happy and normal, he wasn't angry at all!

Y/N lightly knocked on the door, sulking back as she saw the girls deathly glare turn to her.

"Uhm.. Umeji.. hurt you? You said?" She asked quietly, stepping in.

"Yes." Ayano answered sternly, frowning. "He attacked me brutally with his weapon just now, I had to run here to escape him."

"No he didn't." Y/N responded, standing ground. She saw Ayano's expression insanely intensify. Her eye twitched a bit and her head tilted. "I was just with him."

"Yes he did little girl." She smiled insanely.

"No he didn't! Umeji has never attacked ruthlessly for no reason other than defense, he wouldn't go out and brutally hurt someone for no reason! Sensei, please believe me, I was just with him a moment ago. He doesn't even have his weapon with him! They were confiscated weeks ago!" Y/N turned to Ayano, breathing heavily. "If you're going to lie at least try a bit harder! Those bruises aren't more than a couple hits to walls. Not very clever for such a smart student, huh?"

Ayano stared at her in angry disbelief. "Explain my wounds then. I'm hurt by him and his gang!"

"You're an awful liar! You had just said he hurt you while his friends laughed! You're no more than a liar trying to frame people for assault! That makes you criminal, it's not something that can easily be fixed!"

By now the commotion attracted countless amounts of students to hover by the doorway.

"Umeji would never hurt a soul simply for fun, he's never done it before and never will! He's a kindhearted boy who's a delinquent, so what?! He's much better than you are!" The nurse attempted to calm the red faced girl down, telling her to quit yelling. "You've got to believe me sensei, Umeji isn't how everyone thinks! And she said she was attacked by his gang and him, but said it was only him a moment ago!"

The nurse sighed deeply, turning to Ayano. She explained that lying wasn't encouraged in such cases. She quickly patched her up and sent her to the guidance councilor.

Y/N huffed heavily as Ayano left, glaring at her before exiting.

"Y/N!" A voice called out from the crowd of people. "What's going on? What's wrong?" Umeji asked, holding her shoulders.

"She tried to frame you, Umeji! She- She tried to get you in trouble!" Y/N yelled, clenching her teeth.

"Hey- calm down. Quit yelling so loud." He dragged her out of the room, glaring at anyone who dared to look at them. "You get yourself so worked up over me, huh?" He asked after she explained everything.

"She tried to get you expelled!" Y/N shouted. Umeji quickly pulled her back down into the bench, pulling her close to him.

"I know, dumbass. You told me. But still," he faced her, "I need you to be more careful. All these murders have got me anxious, I can't have you risking anything."

Y/N sighed, nodding. "I just.. she tried-..!"

Umeji kissed her forehead lightly, his hot breathe against her skin. "I know."

"Sorry.." She whispered, wrapping her arms around his torso. "I just wanted to.. help.." And like that she was back to her quiet self.

"I know, baby.. Thank you." He kissed her mouth softly. "My shy little girl isn't as shy as I thought." He teased.

"Shut up!"

"Ooh, so snappy."

umeji is lowkey ooc in this but soft umeji is cool too so