Fight for Him | Taro x Ayato x Hanakō

Ayato was surprised, to say the least.

He went to Senpai's class just to pass back the book he'd borrowed waay earlier-- so how the hell did he stuck between the bickering siblings?

"Onii-san! You already have many girls after you. Just leave Ayato to me!" Hanakō whined, his arms around Ayato's shoulders. Ayato didn't feel anything yet, he just let the younger boy to do whatever he wants- it would be quicker to finish if he didn't resist.

His expression remained blank- his cold eyes gazed at both of them, feeling nothing and just because bored. God, hope they settle it quick and release me. Ayato was quite famous with the guys, but he didn't desire love. (for now)

Senpai, Taro grew jealous seeing how close Hanakō was to Ayato. He attempted to release him from his little brother's embrace, in the gentlest way he can. "Release him, Hanakō," he said, voice rather stern. "You're disturbing him."

Not really.

"Really?" Hanakō's eyes turned glossy. He jerked his head fowards, closer to Ayato and asked cutely. "Are you annoyed?"

Ayato shrugged. "I don't really mind it."

Upon hearing that from him, a grin flashed on his face. Hanakō turned his head and looked at his own brother. 'He likes me,' he mouthed smugly.

A vein popped out on Taro's forehead. Though the composed smile still there, it's obvious that he's annoyed. "Oh," he forced a chuckle.

"Senpai, here's your book," Ayato finally said, as he handed the book to Taro. "Thanks for lending it."

Taro's heart softened hearing his voice. The annoyance he felt previously disappeared in an instant. "You're welcome! Feel free to borrow it again if you want to." He smiled.

Ayato just nodded and went back to his own class, ignoring the new-found fluttering emotion that came barging into him. 'I'll keep that in my mind.'

xxx

Both Taro and Hanakō were fighting over him, Ayato knew it. But- what should he do regarding that? Proudly announce that he felt nothing for them and just leave? Nonono he won't do that.

Taro was kind- he often lend Ayato great books and sometimes he helped him quite the times. While Hanakō was clingy to him. Whenever they met each other even from afar, the younger guy would called up his name loudly, making others' eyes on him. It's a bit annoying but Ayato didn't want him to stop since Hanakō was cute with his shiny, excited eyes.

And so he kept up with their antics, claiming they were such a great friend.

They never confess directly so it would be fine, right?

xxx

A month passed and they still didn't give up.

xxx

"Ayato, shall we dance?" Hanakō asked him at a dance ball, offering his hand. Ayato was about to take a drink when he got invited. Seeing that he didn't have a partner yet, he complied and took Hanakō' s hand. Then a loud familiar voice came.

"Hey!"

They both turned their heads at the same time. "Oh, hey onii-san." An amused grin on Hanakō's face as he looked at the almost-angered expression his brother had. Taro pulled him somewhere, leaving Ayato dumbfounded and alone.

'You promised that neither of us will dance with Ayato!" Taro whispered a bit too loud into Hanakō's ear.

Hanakō immediately covered his ears. He shrugged. "Well- I am quick to take action before you."

Taro scowled. "Still! You promised."

"It didn't matter. Got to go to my Ayato now." He just left Taro there and got back to Ayato.

xxx

It's Valentine and Ayato wasn't planning on giving chocolates to anyone. Just.. probably some friendship cookies for Taro and Hanakō? They're pretty great friends- always there for him whenever he's in trouble.

He met up with both of them at the same time. With a soft smile on his face and a shy 'it's for you', Ayato first handed a pack of cookies to Taro- and then the other pack to Hanakō.

Hanakō squealed in delight and gave Ayato one big hug. "Thank you so much! I love it!"

"Thanks, Ayato." Taro's face turned red as he slightly nodded in appreciation. Ayato giggled, although no sound really came out from his mouth.

xxx

He won't admit it, but he was getting too attached.

xxx

A long time had passed-

Ayato wondered why didn't they give up yet. Never had they confessed directly, did they want him to be the one who confess?

At first Ayato would say that he didn't desire romance or anything like that. But oh, what's this strange, foreign feeling he felt whenever they were around? He wanted to say that probably- it's love but he's not sure. It's the first time he felt something like that.

"Ah, tomorrow. That's it. I will confess tomorrow." His lips curled up. Ayato immediately grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and wrote something on it. Quietly, he put the paper under Taro's desk when he finished. "God- hope he'll get it."

xxx

Tomorrow, at 9
Under the cherry blossom tree
Don't be late
Bring Hanakō too

"What.. what's this?" A question spluttered out from Taro's mouth as he read that note (love confession?).

The handwriting was a bit messy yet charming on its own. It sounded like a love confession- but why the hell should he bring Hanakō along too?

He sighed. "Whatever, I'll just go."

xxx

Of course Taro and Hanakō would go to the spot a bit earlier than written. Taro saw a really familiar person under the cherry blossom tree. Don't tell me..

And yes, it was Ayato with his usual dead eyes.

"Did you.. write this?" Taro carefully showed to him the note he got. A sharp nod was the reply given. "Why?"

Ayato took a deep breath, his expression remained calm and his words were slow and soft. "I like you- I think. Both of you, Taro and Hanakō. Call me strange but I got this one feeling whenever I meet you. I'm sort of convinced that I like both of you." And that's the longest thing Hanakō had heard from him. "Will you.. date me?" Light pink tinted on his cheeks. He made no attempt to cover it, however.

"Yes, yes, yes! I love you a lot!" Hanakō squealed and squeezed Ayato's hands tightly.

Taro, on the other hand, was a bit slower to take all of this. His heart was beating fast- too fast from the excitement. "A- is it true? Oh- oh god, I never imagine that it will happen. Of course the answer is yes!"

Ayato beamed so brilliantly and oh, both of them felt like they melted again.

xxx

1114 words, the longest one!

Sorry for slow update- I'm going back to school now :')