Stars Align

Gon and Killua messes around the whole night. Playing board games, video games, catching up, all until Gon had an idea. "I know it's late, but wanna go down to the fishing spot?"

Please say yes, please say yes...

"Of course!" Killua replied.

"Grab a fishing rod in my closet." Gon said with a mischievous smile.

They both grabbed a fishing rod from Gon's closet. Killua grabbed one second and then closed the door while he was in it. He jumped out. "I just came out of the closet!" He said with a pure smile.

They both laughed. They lived for immature jokes like this. Gon assumes he wasn't serious, which reminded him of his old crush on Killua.

How could you not fall for someone with those beautiful sapphire eyes?

He was beginning to regain his old crush, but shook it off. "Let's go, Killua!" Gon said assures he wouldn't get a crush on Killua again.

They sneaked downstairs with quiet footsteps hoping not to wake Aunt Mito up. They arrived downstairs and crept to the door. They opened it with a loud creak. The two boys cringed at the sound, and walked out.

"Phew, high intensity stuff, huh?" Killua joked.

"We're like spies!" Gon said, beaming.

They shared a laugh.

His laugh is still as pure as I remember. I love his laugh so much. It's like, better than having a billion jenny.

They walked down to where the fishing spot is, making immature jokes along the way. The two pro Hunters arrived at the fishing spots with their fishing rods. They sat next to each other in front of a big tree and cast their fishing rods.

They waited for a fish to pop up, but nothing was happening. The moment was perfectly silent with a full moon illuminating the whole fishing spot.

The only thing more bright than this moon is Gon's smile.

Killua laughed to himself. "What?" Gon interrogated.

Did I do something wrong?

"It's nothing." Killua said and shrugged it off.

It isn't nothing, isn't it?

They both turned their heads to face each other, their faces close to each other.

Garnet eyes.

Sapphire eyes.

They inched closer to each other. They got slowly closer, and closer, and closer..

A fish bit on Killua's fishing rod. "AGH!" Killua yelled out, suddenly stressed as he held onto his fishing rod firmly.

Both Killua and Gon were blushing.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? We almost.. we almost kissed.

I still have a crush on him, damn it! But, it makes sense, doesn't it? He's just so.. perfect. Like a sapphire that would sell for 1 trillion jenny. Is it possible he could like me back? No, stop it Gon. Stop..

Killua tugged on his fishing rod and caught the fish that ruined a romantic moment. "Sorry." Killua said embarrassed and still blushing.

"No, it's nothing, trust me. Plus, you caught our midnight snack." Gon said while also blushing.

I never apologize, yet I apologize for something like that? STUPID, STUPID ME!

They cooked the fish over an open campfire. "This might take a while to cook." Gon said, having done this many times.

"Alright." Killua said, not wanting to embarrass himself any further.

Gon scooted over next to Killua. "Look, those stars look like a fork!" Gon said, pointing upwards, beaming.

"Yeah, guess it does." Killua replied looking at it.

It's clearly not a fork, it's a spoon.

"It's a spoon, Gon." Killua said with a sigh.

"No it's not." Gon said back.

They both lied down next to each other.

Gon focused on the stars. "Yeah, you're right!" Gon said, beaming.

"Why are you so happy to be corrected by me?" Killua questioned, smiling.

"If there's anyone who I want to correct me, I want it to be my best friend in the whole world, and that's you, Killua!" Gon said, smiling a smile that Killua found so bright. Killua blushes at Gon saying he's his best friend in the world.