6. Alexandria

After 3 days, you finally arrived back in Alexandria. You and Eric had been out on a run, and encountered a group of creepy older men. Needless to say, you took care of them but got covered in their blood as it sprayed out of their throats; its funny how two years ago this would have made your stomach turn but you were so used to it that now you felt nothing from violence and gore.
You were weak back then, but you could afford to be. Your father was a skilled hunter,  him and your Uncle Merle would never be without their crossbows. You missed them, and was pretty sure they were both dead. You had all been making your way out of Atlanta together but this was back when lots of people were still alive and there was still much panic and confusion about what was going on. You had been separated from your family, and taken in by a different group. You always regretted not staying in Atlanta to try and find your dad, but you knew if you had there was a high chance you would have died - the city was full to the brim of walkers.
Anyways, back to the present, now your life consisted of runs and trying to survive in the new world, maybe even build a life for yourself.
Usually "children" wouldn't be permitted to go on runs but you had experienced things that caused to to grow up quite quickly. Eric was one of the few people you trusted here, mainly because he knew the danger out there and didn't pretend to ignore it like most Alexandrians did. Plus the fact that the people here were useless when it came to surviving outside the walls.
You rested your head against the murky truck window while Eric pulled into the gates. When the truck came to a stop, you quickly jumped out, grabbing one of the bags you looted from the men and strolled over to the armoury.
However, you heard someone shout your name....