Chapter 1

Towards the end of December 1980 – St. Mungo's Hospital

"Oh, Minnie" Poppy Pomfrey sighed heavily while examining her best friend.

"May I asked you, how you find yourself in this situation?"

Minerva nodded her head before she answered

"You remember about 2 months ago when I told you about my trip to the Maldives?"

"Don't tell me you slept with a man there."

"No... I mean yes... but he was there for a vacation himself and we've met on the flight to the Maldives. We sat next to each other. We were attracted to each other and it happened the second night. One thing led to another and other nights after. It was amazing. He was so passionate. You know, I believe I fell in love with him when I first saw him... No, I knew for sure I fell in love with him then." Minerva put her hands on her stomach with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, Minnie... Come here." Poppy sat down on the hospital bed and took Minerva in the arms to comfort her.

October 1980 – 3 months previous

Minerva sat in the seat by the window on a plane to the Maldives. She has been working so hard for this trip and was so happy to finally get some break from all the stress.

So deep in her thoughts, Minerva didn't notice the man sitting next to her until...

"Excuse me miss. But this is my seat." The man said showing her his boarding ticket.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Minerva was about to stand up, but the man shook his head.

"No, it's okay. You can sit there if you prefer the window seat."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Well, thank you." Minerva gave him a warm smile. Her heart skipped a bit when she looked him into his bright blue eyes.

"You're welcome." The man smiled back and held his right hand out to her. "I'm Albus Dumbledore." He introduced himself.

"Minerva McGonagall. Your name sounds very familiar to me. Have we met before?"

"Well, does Hogwarts tells you something..."

"I knew it! I knew you're a wizard! So, you're a professor at Hogwarts?"

"I was the transfiguration professor, head of Gryffindor house, and deputy headmaster from 1953 until last year. And now I'm the headmaster there."

"Ah, that's why your name sounds so familiar. I graduated the summer you started teaching."

"What a small world. Are you on a vacation as well?" He asked her.

"Yes. What about you?"

"Me too. Where are you staying?"

"I'm staying in one of the water villas at 'Constance Halaveli' resort."

"Me too!"

"Really?" They both laugh.

As the plane departed, they chatted for a while until Minerva fell asleep.

She turned herself in her sleep until her head was now resting on Albus' shoulder. Albus smiled to himself while thinking how beautiful the sleeping woman next to him was. He had known then, that this woman is going to be the love of his life.