Chapter 5

- Present -

"Do you want to keep the baby?" Poppy asked her best friend.

"Of course, I will keep this child, even if this baby is unexpected but he or she will be a beautiful reminder of an unforgettable week Albus and I had shared," Minerva said placing her hand on her abdomen.

As Poppy heard the mysterious man's name, with whom her best friend had slept, for the first time her eyes get wider.

"Albus? The Albus Dumbledore?" Poppy asked in shock.

Minerva managed to nod her head.

"Isn't he the new headmaster at Hogwarts?"

"He is."

"At least you two are together-" Poppy said but trailed off as she saw one single tear rolling down Minerva's face. "Oh dear." she sighed.

"I don't know what we are. We're not quite a lover, because we haven't even said 'I love you' to each other yet. But we are surely more than friends. Maybe friends with benefits and a baby...?"

"Will you tell him about the baby?"

"I don't know-how. He didn't reply to my letters after the last time we have spent the night together. Well, about two weeks ago."

Minerva said while remembering clearly that, that was the night she was aware she is pregnant. Because when Albus and her made love that night her breasts were tender and sensitive to his touch. She was going to tell him about her suspects, but he left before she woke up. Now sitting here, her best friend Poppy confirmed her suspicion that she was indeed pregnant.

"He was my first... Oh, Poppy when I went to the Maldives, I was so frustrated that I was still a virgin at my age. And when I first saw him, I was a hundred percent sure that he would be my first. But I completely forgot about precocious. Now I'm pregnant and alone!" By then more tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh, dear Minnie." Poppy embraces her best friend and comfort her. "I'm here for you. Always. Don't you ever forget okay? And I'm sure Albus will have a reason, why he didn't respond to your letters." She said while stroking Minerva's hair.

—————————

As Minerva arrived home after a long day, she was shocked to find Albus sitting on her sofa in front of the fireplace.

Upon hearing someone opened the door Albus stood up and turned to face Minerva.

"Hello, my dear. I'm sorry that I came into your apartment without your knowledge." He said as he walked closer to her.

"That's alright, Albus." She replied with a smile.

"I've missed you. And I'm sorry I didn't respond to your letters. I have got a lot to do at Hogwarts since I'm the headmaster there. I still haven't got a deputy head yet. So, I have done all the paperwork alone." He took her hands in his and leaned in to give her a soft kiss upon her lips.

"I know that you're a very busy man." She said as she looked down at their intertwined hands.

"I have something to tell you- "They both said in unison and both of them chuckled.

"You go first, Albus."

"I have to travel to France for two months. Beauxbatons is doing a large tournament together with Hogwarts and Durmstrang. The headmasters and headmistress are called for a meeting the day after tomorrow."

"Oh, I see." was the only response that came from Minerva. For the third time that day, she has tears rolling down her cheek.

Albus pulled one of his hand away and wiped away those tears.

"I am sorry that I have to leave you for so long. But I promise to write to you every single day, my dear."

Minerva gathered all her Gryffindor courage together and was about to tell him about their baby "Albus, there is something I want to tell you- " but was cut off mid-sentence as Fawkes Albus' phoenix appears.

"My dearest Minerva, I believe I am required at school. I will write to you before I have to leave for France." With that Albus cupped her cheeks with his hands and they kissed passionately before he has to leave her.  It was hard for Minerva to let him go.

- To be continued -