Odd reaction

Dark's p.o.v.

My fingers fiddled with the cool metal object as my gaze never left the bloody scalpel, reminiscing her warm red liquid running down my skin. Likewise, I had perched myself on my comfortable armchair in front of my lit fireplace.

Most people die after being so cruel. She'll probably won't even last the night.

Unquestionably, it didn't take long enough for my train of frustrated thoughts to wonder off and be replaced by remorse and worry.

Yearning for the thumping in my chest to go away, I tasted her blood; it was sweet compared to most of my other meals. Yet, it left me wanting more. I could hear her soft sobs and the ropes cutting into her skin from the basement. Again, ignoring her I licked the tool and the flavour exploded into my mouth. Before I could have the opportunity to dwell in her calming essence, I grimaced and sprinted to the kitchen sink only to spit it out. A growl escaped my lips, conveying my disapproval. Her intoxicating fear had converted from its sugary taste to a disgusting thick substance.

Therefore I closed my eyes and concentrated on her thoughts as the space between my brows creased. Usually, I'd get one main emotion emitting from my victims, but this time was different. Her emotions and thoughts were like a wild hurricane as they overlapped each other. Disillusionment and betrayal circled her main source of them.

~ Flashback ~

Through the sight of a little girl, two figures lurched toward her. Their knuckles were white from gripping some king of porcelain shard.

"Look at what you did." The musculine figure eerily asserted and both of them threw the pieces at me. Consequently, a stinging sensation hugged one of my cheeks and I cupped it with my hand. Blood trickled down my jawline and chin.

"You," The other, more feminine person lurked closer as she continued. "broke it."

I squeaked and stepped backwards and they crept forwards. The tears cascading down my features blurred my vision as I attempted to dart to my bedroom door, but no sooner did I manage to turn around, a strong hand grasped my frail shoulder pulling me backwards. "No, I didn't do it! I swear!" I screamed out.

"Stop whining, you bratt!" The woman slapped me, thus making me whimper in pain.

The man's palm inched closer, grabbing me by the neck. "You shouldn't lie to us, (Y/N)." His stare averted to mother, smirking as his focus returned to me. "You do know what happens, do you not?" Even though my struggle to breathe was evident to their eyes, they still waited for an answer. I clawed at him to release me. "Do you not?!" He repeated, sending me a death glare.

And as if somebody was holding me back from speaking out loud, I stayed silent and readied myself to faint.

All of a sudden, his rough grip on my throat disappeared and I collided with the ground. Pain coursed through me as short sharp inhales and exhales entered and escaped my mouth.

"Y-yes." My underdeveloped voicebox struggled and every fiber of my existence objected to move.

Father pulled me by my hair and dragged me to the dark room. "You're going to stay in there untill you learn to be a good girl." And with that he violently pushed me in, closing and locking the door.

"Next time, answer when spoken to." Mother exclaimed, making me more scared.

They walked into another room in the house and I curled up, sobbing. Soon, seeing that crying was fruitless I stopped and laid on the cold floor, falling asleep.

~ End of flashback ~

I flattered my eyes open.

A flashback. I haven't had one of those in a long time.