Partners

~Aeon's P.O.V.~

Our first real day of classes at Wammy's House began with Math. Adrika and I had all the same classes, execpt she had Art while I had Choir. Matt was in our Math class, and several other students I don't know. Next was Choir, and then Reading, followed by History, which Mello was in our class. Near was in our English class, and both them and Matt shared our last class, Science. 

So, here in Science we were, nearly at the end of the day, and we had to make a model of the solar system. Fun, fun. 

"You will all be assigned partners." Our teacher said. Adrika and I looked at each other.

"The partners are... Q and Tink, Seven and Belle, Matt and Leo, Dawn and Rion, and..." I looked around at the remaining students left.

"Since Aeon and Adrika are new, I will pair them with our top students. Aeon will be with Mello and Near with Adrika." She said. Great. Willy Wonka. Mello looked over at me. I smiled and took a lollipop from my pocket. 

I started to unwrap it when the teacher sternly told me to refrain from eating during class. I looked at her, smirked, and started chewing my treat. 

"Aeon." She said, "I told you to put it away." Mello lifted an eyebrow at me.

"So?" I asked, sounding nice.

She sighed. "I will let it go this once. If it happens again,...."

"Gotcha."

~Adrika's P.O.V.~

"We could glue Earth right here." I said,

"Right." Near, working on making Saturn's ring, agreed. We worked quietly for awhile. When I first entered his room, I was surprised to see many, many, toys. Toys everywhere, legos, robots, puppets, puzzles, and dominoes, and so on. He crouched on the ground, and immediately got to work. 

Later, we had a plan, and started making the planets. After we finished glueing everything into place, and writing details of each planet on another sheet of paper, we set it to dry. We both sat next to the project, on opposite sides, and remained there in silence.

........

"We finished the project." I said.

"Yes." He replied. 

.........

I waited.

"So.... How's it going?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"Good." He replied, emotionlessly, like before. He stared at a wall, twirling a piece of hair around his finger. Nate River. Why is he so detatched from the world...

~Aeon's P.O.V.~

Mello and I high-fived when we finished. 

"Dude, I cannot believe you openly disobeyed that teacher like that." He laughed.

"Yeah. I mean, I know you're Willy Wonka, but she ain't the Queen Candy, and her class ain't Candyland." I replied. Mello laughed again.

"So what is with the whole chocolate thing?" I asked.

"Eh, I just really love chocolate. L himself loves sweets, cake and ice cream 'n stuff." He said.

"You eat a lot of chocolate, how are you so fit?" I asked. He looked at me. I blushed.

"Err, I meant, u-uhm," I cleared my throat. He laughed.

"I dunno. I do stuff with Matt sometimes. Play soccer, 'n stuff."

"You do 'stuff' with Matt?" I asked, teasingly.

"Not like that Aeon!" It was his turn to become red, but with anger.

"I know, I know. I was just joking." I replied. "Are you two best friends or something?"

"Yeah. We've both been here a long time. We share a room as well."

"Oh, you share a room~?" I smirked.

"AEON!" He yelled. Just then, Matt walked in and stared at us. 

"Uh, hey Aeon. Mello, I though we were going to-"

I burst out laughing. "I KNEW IT, WILLY WONKA, I KNEW IT!"

"....Knew what? We were going to play Legend of Zelda." Matt said, cocking his head.

"Same thing!" Mello stared at me. I blushed.

"Why are you blushing! You're the one who's talking about Matt and I doing stuff!"

Matt stared at Mello. "Uhhhhhhmmmmm I'm gonna go now." He crept out the door.

"NO DON'T LEAVE ME WITH MELLO HE'LL KILL ME!" I screamed.

Mello blinked. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm partnered with you." 

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Don't hurt me."

"I'll never hurt you." he said. My whole face was deep in a blush and I turned away from him.

"Not like THAT, Aeon. I meant, I wouldn't hurt another kid. Unless you take my chocolate. Don't take my chocolate." He replied.

"Oh. Too late!" I ran out the door and slammed it, rushing to my room, grasping the stolen chocolate.

~Adrika's P.O.V.~ 

The door slammed open, and in ran Aeon. Into Near's room.

"Uhm." Near looked up at Aeon.

"Uhhh..." Aeon looked around, "This isn't my room..."

"Aeon! It's Near's room! It's next to ours." I said.

"SHUT UP IT'S PERFECT HE'LL NEVER FIND ME!" She hid behind a large lego structure.

"Aeon, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Who won't find you?" Near asked, calmly.

"MELLO! I KINDA SORTA STOLE HIS CHOCOLATE!"

"Why..?" I asked.

"CAUSE I CAN!"

"If you be quiet, the chance of him finding you is a lot less." Near replied.

"Okay." She whispered. "What are you two doing? You look like you're done."

"Waiting for it to dry." I said. As if on cue, Mello burst in, shouting.

"WHERE IS AEON I KNOW SHE'S HERE!" Mello yelled.

"What do you mean? She is no where near here." Near spoke.

"NEAR HERE HAHAHA!" Aeon laughed and ran past Mello.

"GET BACK HERE AEON!" Mello screamed.

"YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!" I stood up and closed the door.

"Well then." Near said.

 "They're so much alike.." I replied.

"Seems so."