Chapter 17

Regina knocks on the door of the den. "Hello daddy, May I come in please".  Henry puts down the book he's been reading. "Of course sweetheart. Please sit down". She sits across from him and takes a deep breath. "Daddy, I owe you an apology. I was disrespectful of you during dinner and I'm sorry. Mother just gets under my skin sometimes and I've just been so moody lately and I let her get to me".  "Regina my girl you are a lot like you mother". Regina stands up quickly. "Are you kidding me daddy I come to apologize and you throw this at me". Regina says almost yelling at her father. She turns and begins to walk out of the room, when her father does something he almost never does. He raised his voice. "Regina Maria Mills you come back here this instant. You will not stomp out of this room like a spoiled 7 year old". Regina stops and slowly turns and looks at her father. "Come sit down my child". She does as she's told. "That's the second time tonight that you have not let me finish what I was trying to say. Now you will sit and listen or I will take all deals off the table". Regina nods, but doesn't look at her father. "Good. Now what I was trying to say is that you are a lot like your mother, when you become passionate about something you just go right after it and you will do whatever it takes to succeed. It took a lot of courage to walk away from basically the only life you have ever known to start anew. I'm proud of you for that, but I don't want you to do that. You and your sister have run this farm for the better part of ten years and it has only blossomed and gotten so much better than I could have ever imagined. I'm so proud of everything you ladies have done here. You have great plans for this farm and adding in Emma only makes  it better". Regina smiles at the addition of Emma into this conversation. "Regina I'm not going to excuse the way your mother spoke to you she was definitely out of line. It was always my wish that you and Zelena take over this farm and since that has happened the only thing left to do is make it yours permanently. It was already in my will that you and your sister would get the farm, but why wait. This way you buy it and you don't have to pay the taxes from it being an inheritance".  "Daddy. I really don't know what to say except thank you. Thank you so much". Regina says as tears start to fall. She gets up and gives her father a hug. She whispers in his ear. "I love you daddy".  "And I love you my sweet girl". Regina collects herself and goes to sit back down. Henry continues. "I have a lawyer coming here tomorrow before your mother and I leave so we all can sign papers. Are you ok with that?"  "Yes daddy. Yes I am". They both smile. "Good. Now come give your old man a hug and kiss goodnight and let me get back to reading". He says with a smile. Regina does exactly that and she she walks out she says. "I love you daddy".  "I love you too my little princess. Sleep well".  Regina walks back to Zelena's office. "So I talked to daddy. He said the lawyer will be here tomorrow". "Yes he told me the same. Regina before this all goes through I need to know are you back here? Will you be working just like before? I don't want to run this without you and honestly I don't know if I can. You and even Emma have brought so much into everything we do here."  "Thank you for that Zelena and thank you for including Emma. Yes I will return to the farm and do exactly what I've always done and so will Emma".  "You two have been packing and moving, has any of that changed?"  "Zelena. I will be honest, Emma and I still need to talk about weather we want to live here or not. I also want you to know that I have asked Emma to marry me and she said yes. I really lover her Zelena so I hope you won't give me a hard time about this".  "Dear little sister. I will not give you a hard time. I love you, and I can see how much you and Emma love each other. I'm glad you are not going with a long drawn out courtship. That's so boring, and as long as you both will be working here I guess it doesn't matter where you live".  "Thank you Zelena. And it's not so bad, Emma's condo is on this road. It's not as big as the farm, but it has three bedrooms".  "Oh does that mean I could be an auntie someday?" She asks with a chuckle. Regina stands up and starts walking out of the office. "Goodnight Zelena. Love you". Zelena lets out a big laugh and shouts. "Goodnight love". Regina walks up to the apartment to find Emma and Buddy laying down snuggling together on the loveseat asleep. She stands to look and smile for an moment, then she closes the door, which wakes Buddy up. He looks at Regina and starts wagging his tail. He lets out the cutest little bark that probably means come over here this is to high to jump from. Emma wakes up from getting hit in the face from a wagging tail and she can't help but laugh. "He loves you babe. This puppy and I have a lot in common". Regina picks up the puppy and cuddles with him. "And what do you have in common with this puppy my love, is it that you both pee outside". Regina asks with a little giggle. "Hahaha   I was going to say we both love you but now, hum. I'm not so sure".  "Oh my love, I know you love me". Regina leans in to kiss her. "I do babe, so much. So how did the talk go with your dad?"  "It was actually really good. A lawyer is coming over tomorrow so we can sign the papers, then the farm will be mine and Zelena's". Emma is so excited for her and gives her a kiss and a hug. "I'm so happy sweetheart. You both deserve this farm".  "Thank you my love. I also talked to Zelena again before coming up here, she wanted to know if we still are moving out. I told her you and I need to talk about it".  "Regina I am happy wherever you are. This has been your home for so long, if you don't want that to change then I'm ok with that".  "Emma could we wait a little while longer before we decide? I'd like to get this farm thing done first then we can make a decision. Is that ok?"  "Sweetheart it's more than ok. I love you and I will wait as long as you need to". They share a nice kiss and then the suddenly hear scratching at the door. The both look over and see Buddy scratching at the door. "Look at that Gina, he's been here a few days and he already knows to pee outside".  "Then go Emma. I told you I don't want any pee stains on my floors".  "I'm on it babe". Emma jumps up and grabs the leash and she and Buddy are out the door. Regina laughs a bit, then tears fill her eyes as she rubs her belly. It was this morning that she noticed that she was a little late for her period and now she's afraid everything is happening so fast. Emma is just beginning to heal, her and Zelena are getting the farm, her and Emma maybe moving. What if Emma doesn't want kids, they never talked about it. She curses herself for not using protection or going on the pill. What if Emma freaks out and runs away. All of this is going through Regina's mind and she can't help but cry. Emma comes walking back into the apartment. "Regina it's so cute how Buddy tries to run up the stairs". She says with a laugh. Then she looks at Regina and she's crying. "Oh my god babe, what's wrong?"  Regina clears her throat. "Nothing my love. It's been such a crazy day, I think it's just finally getting to me".  "Can I get you anything baby?"  "No my love. Thank you. I think I just want to go to bed".  Emma gives her a kiss. "I like the sound of that. I don't mind turning in early". They both change and Buddy goes into his bed that's next to theirs, then they both get into bed after all the lights are off. Regina puts her head on Emma's chest as Emma wraps her arms around her and they soon both fall into a deep sleep.