[11]

Fate got up out of her bed. Sidewinder was in her pajamas, drinking coffee. "We'll find your sister." Fate said. "I know we will. My dad always told me to stay confident. I took his word. I never remembered being negative about something so serious like this ever again." Sidewinder said. "Positive attitude. I like it." Fate went to make a cup of coffee. Footsteps were heard from the entrance of the hideout. Crackshot came downstairs with new guns. "I got new stuff, but I couldn't find your sister." Crackshot said. "Its ok, we'll find her soon." Sidewinder said, taking a sip of her coffee. After Sidewinder finished her coffee, she slammed the mug on the table. "I'm ready!" Sidewinder exclaimed. The noise of the mug woke up DJ Bop. "You three gonna search for Calamity?" DJ Bop asked. Crackshot nodded, following Sidewinder who was walking up the stairs to exit the hideout. Fate gulped down her coffee and followed them. "I know my way around the island, I know where to search first. Calamity was obsessed with snow. Since we lived in the so-called Wild West, there was never any snow. Just sunny days or rain." Sidewinder claimed. The three of them arrived at the snow biome. A faint noise was heard in the background. An explosion, most likely. Sidewinder pulled out her map. No teammates besides Fate and Crackshot were detected. "Get down!" Sidewinder whispered burying the three of them into some snow behind a scout tower that belonged to Ice King and his Ice Legion. "Did they see us!?" Crackshot whispered. "I don't know!" Sidewinder replied, peeking from behind the tower. Nothing was in sight. She double checked and sat back. Sidewinder nodded, she slowly for back up and then stopped dead in her tracks. The sound of a rocket launcher going off could be heard in the distance. Please don't sound louder! Sidewinder thought, slamming her eyes shut. The rocket was getting louder and louder. "Oh crap, run!" Sidewinder shouted. It was too late, the rocket smashed into the tower. Sidewinder ducked down into the snow and covered her head. She was lucky a rock didn't smash her head into a pancake. Sidewinder slowly looked up. Crackshot was looking at her, probably just as discombobulated as she was. Sidewinder looked back. Fate was sitting against the broken tower. She looked like she was about to pass out. She was grunting and taking deep breaths. Her leg cut open most likely by a rock. Blood was oozing from her wound. Sidewinder crawled over to Fate. "It hurts like hell." Fate whispered, putting her head on Sidewinder's shoulder. "Find Calamity." Sidewinder told Crackshot. Crackshot didn't argue. He nodded and walked out into the open. A man was standing in the snowy road, holding a rocket launcher. This guy was unmistakable. Tender Defender. An actual chicken soldier. "You want to mess with me, huh?" Crackshot said, holding an Infantry Rifle. "Want me to kill you too?" Tender Defender asked, ignoring Crackshot. Tender Defender reached into his backpack and took out a Hand Cannon. "Come at me!" Tender Defender yelled. Crackshot started to build up. He placed his last wall and aimed for Tender Defender. When the chicken was in his sight, Tender Defender shot at Crackshot in the right spot. The gun shattered into pieces when Tender Defender shot it. How the hell? Crackshot thought. Crackshot jumped off of his mini fort and kicked punched Tender Defender mid-air. Tender Defender smirked, as he socked Crackshot in the face. "Wood hurts." Tender Defender said, shaking his hand. He put the gun in his holster. "Fist fight it is." Crackshot said. He lunged at Tender Defender and knocked him onto the ground and started punching the all mighty hell out of Tender Defender. Blood leaked from his beak and nose. The chicken got back up and kicked Crackshot off of him. Crackshot fell back down into the snow. Tender Defender walked over to Crackshot and kicked him in his jaw. Right where the joint was. When Tender Defender tried to get another kick in, Crackshot grabbed the chicken's foot and broke Tender Defender's ankle. He let out a caw of pain. Tender Defender fell to the ground and started to reach for his gun. By the time Tender Defender grabbed his gun and started loading it, Crackshot was at his feet, holding an SMG. "Lights out." He said. Crackshot opened fire onto Tender Defender's head, turning it into a red, bloody pulp of flesh and feathers. Crackshot rushed back to Fate and Sidewinder. Fate was about to start screaming. She was bleeding even more and she was losing color in her skin. Sidewinder helped Fate onto her feet. "You alright?" Sidewinder asked Fate. Fate nodded. Crackshot kept a lookout for incoming enemies. After thirty minutes of searching, Fate was about to give up. She spat blood into the green grass. "Hurry!" Fate wheezed. Fate's eyes got more heavy. There was a lonely cabin far from everything else. "Lets see if they can help." Sidewinder said. All three of them walked over to the house. Fate and Sidewinder sat down. "Stay with me." Sidewinder told Fate. Fate dug her hands into the ground. She started to hyperventilate. I should have brought bandages. Sidewinder thought. Crackshot noticed the cabin was unlocked. He opened the door. "Anyone home?" Crackshot said. His voice echoed throughout the cabin. Out of nowhere, someone pushed Crackshot onto the ground. The person held Crackshot's arms behind his back. "Who are you!" The person yelled, definitely a man. "I'm Crackshot! I mean no harm." Crackshot replied. The man loosened his grip. "I'm trying to help my friends. The man peered out the door window. "The woman in the black coat is Fate. She has a horrible injury and she is about to die!" The man stared at Crackshot. "My name is Deadfire." Deadfire tossed a few bandages at Crackshot. "Your friend won't die today." Crackshot nodded. Crackshot opened the door. "Wait." Deadfire interrupted. "I want to speak with your other friend. I think I know her."