She has other Monsters

It was late... or was it early? At the least it was dark but for the light from the lamp barely visible on the other side of the room, the door was closed and it was almost quiet. Almost. The girl sat on the floor tears running down her face and a towel under her forearm. Blood welling from the fresh cut as she whispered to herself.

"Just this once, just this once" over and over. Her mantra. Every night when her parents went to sleep and she thought none were watching.

Scars littered her forearms from months of nights full of "just this once's" the towel covered in stains varying in age and darkness, new bandages poking out from the box under the table along the wall.

When she was done she stood up and put away her battle weapons and turned off the light. She sat on her bed staring into the darkness and said to herself everything inside her head she cried some silent tears and then lie on the bed, silent.

He climbed out from the darkness, claw by claw. Horns and all he climbed out, her monster under the bed.

He stood over her and pulled the blankets from the side of the bed up and over her shivering sleeping body. And wiped her damp hair from her mouth and eyes. Went into the kitchen and grabbed her some water knowing she would be thirsty when she woke.

"Aren't you going to terrorize her" hissed a voice from under the bed, the sentence punctuated by the flick of a forked tongue.

He looked ruefully down at her sleeping form before laying a clawed paw on her head and whispering "She has other monsters to deal with right now".

A.N. so um I saw a really cool mini-comic that had a monster tucking a girl into bed and saying "she has other monsters to deal with right now" and I was like "man Ima write a story" so I did, and this is honestly one of the things I've written that I am most proud of, not really sure why...I just kinda love it, so yeah...Have a great day, GBYE!