Love Interest

Author's note:  Francesca's texts are in italics, Harry's are in bold. 

December 2023

With Christmas right around the corner, Francesca had suggested that in lieu of giving each other gifts for the holiday, we should utilize Adopt-a-Family and buy Christmas presents for those who couldn't afford to

With Christmas right around the corner, Francesca had suggested that in lieu of giving each other gifts for the holiday, we should utilize Adopt-a-Family and buy Christmas presents for those who couldn't afford to. I agreed, and we'd decided to provide presents for four families. Because of the number of people we were buying for and how difficult it was for either of us to head down to the shops without being stopped by paparazzi or fans, we agreed to do all of our shopping online. Francesca had texted me yesterday saying that all of the packages had come in, and I'd agreed to drive to her condo to help her wrap them.

Will you drive your Range Rover over? We'll need a large car to fit all of these presents when we go to drop them off.

Yes ma'am

Okay, text me when you're here, I'll buzz you up xo

xxx

"You're early," Francesca murmured as she stood at the open door waiting for me.

"I thought traffic would be worse," I told her. I walked up to her to kiss her softly in greeting. Her hands gripped my sweater by my hips as mine cupped her face. Her hair was still damp from a shower and I could tell that she'd just finished getting ready.

"Mmm," I murmured, inhaling. I licked my lips and watched her smile grow as she stared at me knowingly. "You're wearing that lip gloss I really like. The vanilla-flavored one."

She giggled, reaching up to wipe the gloss that had smudged onto my mouth. I grabbed her hand in mine and moved my head away, rubbing my lips together with a smack.

"No need," I told her, licking my lips again. "I think I'll keep it there."

Laughing, she pulled away, making room for me to enter her foyer.

"So I started organizing everything into piles by family," she said, gesturing to the stacks of boxes and plastic packages. "I figured we could wrap them in matching wrapping paper by family to make it easier when we have to drop them off. But then I thought it would be kind of boring. So then I thought maybe we should color code them? Different patterns but one family in green, one in red, one in blue, and one in white? What do you think?"

I tried to acclimate to the room around me. With the sheer amount of boxes, it looked like Francesca was in the process of moving out. Navigating any further in the house would be difficult because so little of the floor was visible.

"Did we really buy this much?" I asked her instead of answering her question.

"We did buy a lot, yes, but I bought some more."

"Why?" I asked. "We already bought double what was on the list."

"Well I started thinking," she said, walking to the kitchen where there were about a dozen rolls of wrapping paper and ten spools of ribbon. "And there are so many kids that had clothes and pajamas and socks on their lists. And kids grow quickly, right? So I thought that I should buy some items in the next few sizes up too so they had things to wear as they grew. And I guess I got a little carried away."