Prologue

It's time for the highly anticipated sequel of the Coach's Daughter. I went back and forth in my head about whether or not I wanted to bother writing this. I'm super sorry that it is now July and I promised this for May! I'm so bad at finding time to write.
When I first wrote Coach's Daughter I was in eighth grade and rereading makes me cringe lol. BUT for some reason there's so many people that have really enjoyed it and I know were hoping for a sequel.

With that, I hope you guys enjoy the second, and final, book to the Coach's Daughter.

Prologue
Lillian Faye

"Are you sure that it's a good idea to have this party tonight? You leave for college tomorrow morning."

Kelsey nodded, ripped open a bag of tortilla chips to pour into a large blue bowl. She had been adamant that our friend group needed to have one last "hoo-ra" before we all went our separate ways. For what ever reason, she felt that if we didn't do this that we would all regret it. Personally, I thought she was being a bit mellow dramatic.

"I know, I know. You think that I'm being over the top with this party, but I really want to spend my last night here with my closest friends. I'm going to miss this town."

I smiled, taking pity on the girl. Unlike myself, she was having a much harder time grasping the fact that we wouldn't be back here for several months. I was over the moon excited to finally have my own taste of freedom; a chance to be responsible for every aspect of my life. Kelsey on the other hand was dreading all of the adult responsibilities that came with college.

"I get it," I promised her as I took a seat on one of the black stools in front of the giant kitchen island. I reached for the bag of blue Doritos. "What are your plans for tonight anyways?"

Kelsey smiled, handed me a bowl. "People arrive at 3:00 PM. The pool is set for swimming, and we have everything we need for a bonfire."

Every pool party of Kelsey's that I had attended all ended with a campfire and smores. It was practically tradition, and always a blast.

I grinned in response. "Sounds like it will be tons of fun as usual." I picked up a chip from the bowl I'd just filled and plopped it into my mouth before asking her how many, and who exactly, she had invited.

Kelsey glared at me for daring to steal a chip before everyone arrived. Grumpily, she answered my question. "Just the usuals; Austin, Blair, Katie, Seth, Savannah, Matt, etc."

"Hey now," I wiggled my eyebrows, egging her on. "No need to get upset that I stole a single chip. I mean, I am helping you get ready for tonight."

"I'm allowed to get upset. I'm the one who bought them," she challenged. When I smirked, opening my mouth to respond, she cut me off. "Why, again, did I choose you to help me?"

"Because you love me, and I was the only friend that was willing to help."

Kelsey rolled her eyes; accepting that I was right. She grabbed a chip from the bowl and turned to me with a grin. "Is Ben coming?"

"He is," I confirmed with a smile. "Both him and Dylan."

Ben and I had been together now for a year after Dylan set us up at a small bonfire the Olson's put on. Ben was one of Dylan's top receivers and a good friend of his. For the first few months after we met, we were just good friends, but then he asked me to his prom that spring and we had been dating ever since.

"Wait, Dylan is coming? I thought he was in Ohio visiting Luke."

I shook my head with an amused chuckle. It was surprising that her own brother had informed me of his early departure before her. Dylan had been in Ohio with his cousin, but had just gotten home. "He was but got home yesterday." I pulled another chip from the bowl. "Don't you two ever talk?"